scolopendra gigantea

Jormungand

Arachnopeon
share a new arrival, scolopendra gigantea

that's really happy to get this species,this one is still young,and hope it can be a monster a few years later

here are some pics

and i got another one, it seems like a “robusta”, but alittle different from the normal,i still not sure what is it

hope you enjoy it, thanks :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
Very nice, and congrats!

How much are those going for these days and whom did you get it from, if you don't mind me asking?

JZC

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I really need to get some centipedes....

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Cool! I don't know why it hasn't been solved, there is too much uncertainty about what some species are there in S.A. today. Even what people are calling "galapagoensis" in the hobby I have key out more as gigantea if you refer to recent science documents. Imo several of these may be diff sps or we may find out that several diff looking specimens from different areas are all the same species with minor morphological differences depending on the area they come from. It's kind of frustrating to me.

Jormungand

Arachnopeon
Very nice, and congrats!

How much are those going for these days and whom did you get it from, if you don't mind me asking?
i got it from a japanese importer , i'm not trader ,so i don't want make a advertising. sorry

Cool! I don't know why it hasn't been solved, there is too much uncertainty about what some species are there in S.A. today. Even what people are calling "galapagoensis" in the hobby I have key out more as gigantea if you refer to recent science documents. Imo several of these may be diff sps or we may find out that several diff looking specimens from different areas are all the same species with minor morphological differences depending on the area they come from. It's kind of frustrating to me.
i think that is hard to find out enough specimen to research the taxonomy, because they are too rare.

but the south america giant pedes really seems close than other species, and i got the different species almost from same area. maybe they are more kinship than our image

no matter what is it,i just know they are the best pedes for a pet

Neil TW

Arachnopeon
Nice pede.

How big is it? I somewhat feels like it's a male though(just my intuition anyway)...

Jormungand

Arachnopeon
Nice pede.

How big is it? I somewhat feels like it's a male though(just my intuition anyway)...
it is small, just about 14cm, and the color still like a child, i think at least it need 2 years to become a large one
and i don't know its gender , but i guess it is a male too

Gorgeous! Yes, just curious about the price as well!
yeah, it is really expensive :)