CA Bay Area Tarantula Lovers Group forming now! Please join!!

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
CA Bay Area Tarantula Lovers Group forming:
image.jpg

Hello all is anybody from the Bay Area in California?

My name is Jeni Haas and I am forming a tarantula enthusiasts group that will meet once a month in the Bay Area, CA. I am looking for tarantula lovers of all ages, genders, walks of life and levels of experience to join up with me to celebrate this delightful hobby!!

Locations and time of meetings TBA after group is formed.

If you are interested, please email me at:
pocketpets@icloud.com
with your name, email address/contact info, location, and anything else you'd like to share/suggest!

Hope to touch based with as many tarantula lovers as possible!!

Talk to you soon!! :)

-Jeni (Mrs. Haas)

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Really? No one here from the Bay Area wanna meet up to celebrate the love of tarantulas?? Common, now! I know you are out there!,

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's a great idea, but to be honest, California is the most disappointing state when it comes to exotic groups, esp reptile shows. And I can't figure out why as there are TONS of breeders in California.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
It's because they all saw your screenname and saw 'Mrs' so now they're like "Aw man she's married", and they're like 'nvm'..

Seriously though, id meet up if I lived there. Im alllll the way down in anaheim. We get cool aphonos here :D

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Lol - didn't know that people joined this site to hook up !! ;-)

The East Bay Area is kinda a mini tarantula hub in its own way... Surprised I've only met three ppl who want to join - and all of them responded to my craigslist ad rather than contacting me here. LOL

I better change the screen name if things don't start rolling! Haha

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
Getting T enthusiasts to meet up outside of a forum is like hanging out with stoners and trying to get them to talk about anything but legalization. haha.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey now, I already have six members lol that's not too bad lol

---------- Post added 07-21-2014 at 11:01 AM ----------

Yes we are small in numbers, but we are mighty in our love for the tarantula!

---------- Post added 07-21-2014 at 12:56 PM ----------

No need to live here to join... No need to have a t to love a t too!

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Getting T enthusiasts to meet up outside of a forum is like hanging out with stoners and trying to get them to talk about anything but legalization. haha.
Try telling this to all the people who are going to the ATS Conference in Tucson this Thursday-Sunday, myself included!

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
Try telling this to all the people who are going to the ATS Conference in Tucson this Thursday-Sunday, myself included!
Wish I lived closer. All that happens around me is reptile expos. And 90% of those are lizards and snakes, very very few vendors have spiders.

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Idk, its legal in my state. No one has time to talk about it. Too busy having a good time.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
kinda jealous noone likes T's here it seems....

i tried this with a herp and amphibian group in my area.. turned into more or less a "lets sell snakes to other people, oh me and all my 10yr old friends love to keep 3 snakes in an enclosure and want to add more to this little 20gallon" more or less turned into a "swap and shop" whent from 5 or 6 of us showing up trading stories BS'ing and sharing what projects wed be breeding this year.. to anyone want to buy this rescue clutch? [that was okay we all understand].. now its "wts 3ft burm bought from here 3weeks ago.. it scares my mom.. want 350[i payed 250]" and "who wants tattoo work done for a snake or frog? i have 4yrs experience in many styles..." :rollseyes: best of luck for you guys tho :D

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I really want to meet ppl who love Ts and who will be willing to get together and talk about Ts or anything else.
Thanks for ur good luck wishes...

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's pretty much legal here in ca and I'm still excited ab Ts - high or not! Lol :)

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer
I was a member of the San Francisco Bay Area Tarantula Society (SFBATS) before they shut down; was a pity, they always had fun meetings. I'm about an hour away from the bay area though lol.

-JohnD.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a member from Sacramento and one from Oakley - you are more than welcome to join in the festivities! Let me know if you're game :)

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
We will be having our first official TLC (tarantula lovers club) spider social in September. You don't have to be from the Bay Area to enjoy the event. Just pm me!