This will just break your heart!

sandybanjo

Arachnopeon
FedEx just delivered my Golden Knees sling. I won't mention from where it was purchased.

My heart just sank as soon as I saw the bottle.....loosely wrapped paper towel and the spider was between the glass and the towel. I figured it was dead, and sure enough.

Needless to say, I broke down and felt for this poor creature.

Normally, I wouldn't post this, but this just broke my heart, knowing how it probably suffered.

Breeders and sales! Please pack your spiders humanely....most of you do! It's tough enough on them for the ride.
DOA2.jpg DOA1.jpg DOA3.jpg

Last edited:

RoseK

Arachnosquire
I'm so sorry for the loss, Sandy. Hopefully you confronted the seller with their mistake and they either refunded the purchase price or offered to replace the sling with a properly packaged one.

sandybanjo

Arachnopeon
I reordered. I suspect it was packed by someone other than the owner of the business. I could have done a better job, and I've never sent any living thing to anyone! I'd really like to have the specimen in my collection.

sandybanjo

Arachnopeon
I am very sorry for your loss. Hope the next one makes it ok.
I did reorder.....and asked the owner to supervise. Whoever packed it did use loosely bound paper towel....gotta be well formed and sturdy...and slightly moistened. This poor spider (beautiful specimen, BTW) didn't have a chance. Thank you all. I know you have the same compassion I do for these creatures!

JZC

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If I were you I'd write a review of this seller.

sandybanjo

Arachnopeon
If I were you I'd write a review of this seller.
Not yet....this seller has another person preparing the specimens for shipment. I'll give them a second chance. They offered to supply another specimen, but I also said if there's not one of the same size (1"), I'd take a smaller one. We'll wait and see.....

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
My condolences for your loss, it looked like a very nice T. Best wishes for the replacement to be better packed for a live arrival, so you'll have many happy years of enjoyment your new addition.

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk

telepatella

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Not yet....this seller has another person preparing the specimens for shipment. I'll give them a second chance. They offered to supply another specimen, but I also said if there's not one of the same size (1"), I'd take a smaller one. We'll wait and see.....
Yes, but it's not just about you, it's about the next person who'd order from them, and the animals. The shipper needs to be compelled to not be lax again. Negative, or, nonpositive reviews are healthy. And, if I were the shipper I'd be very eager to go above and beyond to make up for this failure. I'm sorry your spider died, I just had a 9" P. ornata die in my care for no ostensible reason:(

sandybanjo

Arachnopeon
Yes, but it's not just about you, it's about the next person who'd order from them, and the animals. The shipper needs to be compelled to not be lax again. Negative, or, nonpositive reviews are healthy. And, if I were the shipper I'd be very eager to go above and beyond to make up for this failure. I'm sorry your spider died, I just had a 9" P. ornata die in my care for no ostensible reason:(
Thanks to all.....We'll see what happens.....I'm always to give someone the benefit of a doubt.....I am fairly new to on-line spider ordering from other sellers, but I've also received tinier specimens with no problem, and they weren't even over nighted!

Last edited:

awiec

Arachnoprince
Thanks to all.....We'll see what happens.....I'm always to give someone the benefit of a doubt.....I am fairly new to on-line spider ordering from other sellers, but I've also received tinier specimens with no problem, and they weren't even over nighted!
Tarantulas can be be happy in a box for a week or more if packaged proper, I've had spiders arrived safe and sound during the polar vortex; they are excellent to send in the mail if proper care is taken. I personally would have demanded a similar sized specimen, I didn't just pay to get something smaller and you want these as big as you can get since they grow slow.

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
First, sorry this happened to you but second, I agree with everyone that you need to leave an accurate review. I understand wanting to give someone the benefit of the doubt but that is not acceptable packaging and people need to be aware that there's someone out there packing like this. There are countless videos on how to pack all sizes of tarantula for safe shipping so there's really no excuse. Also...that's not even paper towels, it's toilet paper...

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Mod note

Please do not mention, hint at, or link to the seller in question.
That is against forum rules; reviews belong on the review section, and are not a subject for discussion.

Speaking of which...
Yes, you should write a review... Once the transaction is complete.
As it stands now, it seems the OP is still in the middle of the transaction with the seller attempting to make it right. You cannot review a transaction you haven't even finished with yet!

Before the OP (or anyone else who stumbles upon this thread in the future) writes a review in this forum, please please read the rules for that section first.

Best of luck!

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
That is very poor packaging. Of all the packages I receive, I always take pictures and take notes for when ever I might start shipping things out. Thankfully, all of the things I've received have been alive, and packaged very well.

sandybanjo

Arachnopeon
First, sorry this happened to you but second, I agree with everyone that you need to leave an accurate review. I understand wanting to give someone the benefit of the doubt but that is not acceptable packaging and people need to be aware that there's someone out there packing like this. There are countless videos on how to pack all sizes of tarantula for safe shipping so there's really no excuse. Also...that's not even paper towels, it's toilet paper...
Great advice, as in some of the previous quotes. I've ordered from one other dealer, and the little one, very little one arrived safely. There is one other fellow here in the DFW area....his GF tends to his spiders. I lost one A. diversicolor sling due to my ignorance. I also purchased in person an A. urticans and a P. urminia, both were in 2" delicups. They're doing well. In fact, all my slings are doing well. So, the Golden Knee is the poor victim of seller negligence.

Last edited:

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great advice, as in some of the previous quotes. I've ordered from one other dealer, and the little one, very little one arrived safely. There is one other fellow here in the DFW area....his GF tends to his spiders. I lost one A. diversicolor sling due to my ignorance. I also purchased in person an A. urtican and a P. urminia, both were in 2" delicups. They're doing well. In fact, all my slings are doing well. So, the Golden Knee is the poor victim of seller negligence.
What's a diversicolor?? Do you mean A.diversipes or A.versicolor?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2