Pinktoe not eating

Pokezilla1231

Arachnosquire
Hello! First of all my pinktoe stopped eating a while back and molted in January, she is very healthy and her abdomen looks big and isn't shrinking. I am thinking that it is in premolt again but I am having trouble seeing if it is actually premolt. Last time when she was in premolt she started webbing and she never webs unless she is in premolt. It may be fasting but since she started webbing I think it may be premolt. The web looks like a hammock. Can anyone help me figure what the problem is? Thank you!

Pokezilla1231

Arachnosquire
If it doesn't molt again its dead...lol. It will eventually molt, there's no exact way to determine exactly when, we can only speculate.
Oh ok thanks lol, but it will eat and molt when its ready so now that I have some answers i feel relaxed now. Thanks everyone!

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
How moist or dry is the cage; what's the ventilation? If it's kept too humid and stuffy, it'll go downhill and can suddenly die. Don't forget cage conditions are effected by the cage in seasons, and whether there are furnaces, a/c, ceiling fans, and open windows, all of which impact temps, humidity, and air movement.

Pokezilla1231

Arachnosquire
The humidity is 70 the temperature is 73. Its not that moist and I do not have a heating source the cage is maintaining the temperature and there is plenty ventilation.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
The humidity is 70 the temperature is 73. Its not that moist and I do not have a heating source the cage is maintaining the temperature and there is plenty ventilation.
Substrate dry? The humidity source should be the waterbowl, not the substrate. Misting should be for drinking, not humidity, and be once every week or two. You don't want condensation in an Avic cage.

Pokezilla1231

Arachnosquire
Yes the substrate is dry, and ok the humidity source should be a waterbowl. Thanks. But what does this have to do with not eating and premolt?

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Because It might not even be premolt.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Oh ok, could the conditions make it not want to eat?
Yes, as it gradually dies. That's why I want to make sure sure cage conditions are right, as Avics have a narrow range of conditions they thrive in; outside of that you have problems. Their struggles with moist substrate and limited ventilation could be mistaken for being premolt.

---------- Post added 07-20-2014 at 12:37 PM ----------

Because It might not even be premolt.
Bingo! That's my concern.