Advice on my first Skeleton Tarantula?

TLover007

Arachnosquire
Okay so I bought my first Blue Fang Skeleton Tarantula (E Cyanognathus), got it at a very good price and I cant wait to receive her probably next month.

I have tried to read up a lot of care sheets, but is there any personal advice or funny things you have seen about your T??

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
Its fast, and wicked awesome. I had mine for maybe 6 hours before I deemed it one of my top 5 favorites. It completely dug and webbed up a new home within 2 hours in its new enclosure. Now, it has a separate entrance to its burrow halfway across the enclosure, I only wish I could see inside the other part of the tunnel. Fascinating T, and it comes out very often at night, just use a flashlight (I never turn on the light in my T room past sun down).

I keep the substrate slightly damp with a small water cap, and cross ventilate the enclosure. They do need humidity, but are not as fragile as say an H. Hainanum when it comes to humidity.

awiec

Arachnoprince
I keep my E.murinus in a kritter keeper which seems to allow just enough ventilation, as far as I know all the genus keeps the same. I also provided my 1 inch (at the time) with about 4-5 inches of peat moss with some sphagnum covering about 1/3 of the enclosure. The peat moss is nice and sturdy for the tunnel (and they will dig a big one) and the sphagnum is for assisting with humidity without having to constantly flood the sub. I also provide a cap and will wet the moss and sub about once a week or whenever it starts to get a little dry. I have spring-tails to help with clean up even though mine is kind enough to put bolus and shed exos out for me to get them. Once they are settled they are generally easy to deal with, I know when I bought mine from a show it flew around in circles when I tried to open the container (as it had no room to dig). They also will web too, all of the cage is webbed and mine was gracious enough to build its tunnel by the side so I can see it. They are also light shy so you will mostly see it at night and in the morning. Very fast growers (mine went from 1 to 1.5 in one molt), good feeding response, and they show their striped legs pretty early.