Thank you thank you thank you ALL!

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thank you to everyone that helped me learn to preserve and mount my tarantula after he passed so I could keep him in the family forever and ever!

Here's a pic of him in his final resting place, frozen than dried and mounted in a beautiful shadow box with special pins and glue (equipment ordered from bio quip.com).

image.jpg

If anyone is curious on how to do this all, I'd love to share my newfound knowledge, let me know!

Thanks and love to all on arachnoboards!

-mrs. Haas

awiec

Arachnoprince
Very nice, you did a good job showing off the tibial hooks; perhaps it will help newbies in the future get an idea of what they look like.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks! You ever done any mounting projects yourselves?

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
Thanks! You ever done any mounting projects yourselves?
No, closest I've gotten was being lucky enough to get my LP's 8 inch molt from her in one piece & pose it before it dried. Great conversation piece at the expos. :)

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This wasn't a molt, my ill guy passed away so I freeze dried and mounted his body.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I'd like to hear more about how it was freeze dried.

Later, Tom

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Rather simple process: Put the T on an open paper towel in the freezer for a few days, and voila!
That works with a large Theraphosa species or something similar? Why wouldn't it defrost and rot like anything else ? :?

Later, Tom