Fun tarantula molt jewelry!

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I used the leg molts of both my rose hair and my Carlsbad green and tiny entomology vials to create some really awesome earrings and pendants.
image.jpg
image.jpg
It's a fun idea and make a great gift.
Happy crafting!
-mrs. Haas

jecraque

Arachnobaron
Those are very cute! I know I should be able to tell how big they are by the size of the earring hook, but I'm not great at that. Do you know what size vials they were?
Also, just curious, are the corks glued in at all or are the vials still functional? Part of me thinks I'd be paranoid about the corks loosening and the vial dropping, but another part of me thinks it'd be cool to field questions by being able to open 'er up and show off a spider leg.
Also, that ever-too-common occurrence when you see something AWESOME and are all out of vials... it would be so nice to be able to pull off an earring, stick the molt in the other earring, and use the vial. Ha.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Size

image.jpg

There's pretty small and dainty. I glued my corks on but I supposed u don't have to. The molts seem too fragile to take in and out of the vials.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Whirligig

Arachnopeon
I made something similar a couple weeks ago! I made a necklace instead of earrings and used a fang from a molt and stuck some little crystals in the vial to give it a little sparkle. Great idea!

Attachments

FrancesP

Arachnopeon
You guys are geniuses! I've been trying to do jewelry with molt bits, fangs, etc. for years and never thought of using a vial!
I did some wicked fang earrings but they're so fragile!
Time to go buy a TON of little vials. :)

sugarsandz

Arachnosquire
I think those are so cool, what a conversation starter! Could you fit a slings molt into one? I bet that could be really cool looking as well. Great idea!

Neoza

Arachnobaron
Very cool idea! I love creativity!! When people are starting to do that you are for sure a tarantula lover!!!! :)

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If you'd like more info about the supplies/how to make pm me guys!
Glad you like my creations !!

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I made something similar a couple weeks ago! I made a necklace instead of earrings and used a fang from a molt and stuck some little crystals in the vial to give it a little sparkle. Great idea!
Where did you get those vials??? That fit one dang, it's lovely!

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Interesting idea. :) very creative.

Or you could put a live tiny spider species in them. The new fad to replace goldfish disco boots :D

You should take the carapaces, lacquer them, and make a neat necklace with them. Lasiodora and Theraphosa would make good candidates (just get rid of the hairs first!)

(well true lacquering is a dangerous process, as it involves the highly toxic chemical urushiol, but you get my gist)

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Interesting idea. :) very creative.

Or you could put a live tiny spider species in them. The new fad to replace goldfish disco boots :D

You should take the carapaces, lacquer them, and make a neat necklace with them. Lasiodora and Theraphosa would make good candidates (just get rid of the hairs first!)

(well true lacquering is a dangerous process, as it involves the highly toxic chemical urushiol, but you get my gist)
havent you seen the marino moss ball pendents people wear in china this is like the only other humane jewelry next to those XD

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
havent you seen the marino moss ball pendents people wear in china this is like the only other humane jewelry next to those XD
those things are so cute! I'm a guy and i want them!

beautiful jewlery MrsHaas, I absolutely love them! are the last two P. Murinus and E. Murinus?

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
those things are so cute! I'm a guy and i want them!

beautiful jewlery MrsHaas, I absolutely love them! are the last two P. Murinus and E. Murinus?
Ikr only think that keeps me from getting one is knowing its kinda stunting the plant *looks at ~6" moss ball in fish tank*

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
A little late to the party, but Dollarama has small vials - 6 in a pack - for $1-2. The vials looks about the same size and shape, glass wise (they are glass), but the cork is much smaller. Hope every Dollarama has them in stock for you, as their stock is rather random at times!