is this cyst/lump something to worry about?

Herpgrrl

Arachnopeon
I received this B. vagans two months ago from a friend who works at our local animal control. She found it off side the of a road in a box. Spidey was is good condition an has normal behavior. The lump shown was not there when I received T, but appeared after T molted. Is this a sign of something bad or benign?

Attachments

telepatella

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I can't quite get a good enough view of it. But, I'd be sure to keep it segregated from the rest of your T's. I had a Poecilotheria develop something that looks like that (after a molt) and it was never a problem.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Thats a rather strange little growth but the best you can hope for is that the spider will fix itself. You feed her light meals until she molts so not much pressure is put on it.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Cyst, carcinoma, lesion, nevus... I doubt if there is any direct repair possible for any of them and most are benign. Just keep an eye on it and wait it out. Watch for signs would be expansion, change of color, weeping or the animal showing obvious discomfort. The only one you could safely treat would be bacterial.