User Zigana's picture thread

Zigana

Arachnosquire
Fritz, my Grammostola porteri female. She is my favorite and is one very cool tarantula. I keep her in the living room near the couch where she can be watched often. She's a little different because when I get up in the morning she comes out of her hide and will stay out until I leave for a trip to town. Right before I leave she will go in her hide and when I return she comes back out. When I get ready to go to bed she also will return to her hide. If I don't go to town she will stay out all day. She did get a little off schedule for awhile after molting but is now back to her usual self. She moves a ping ball around on occassion and recently has shown that she can move two around at the same time. She is very docile and forgiving which made owning my first tarantula a pleasure. She's cute and fuzzy too..lol. I now have more tarantulas but none of them come close to being as unique as Fritz is.

Attachments

Last edited:

Zigana

Arachnosquire
This is my Grammostola rosea RCF female. Her name is Grumpy and it fits her. When I first got her she was a threat pose queen along with stomping her legs and sometimes coming at me for just walking over to her enclosure..lol. Five months later she is a lot better then what she was but I still don't trust her. When I need to water or feed she moves away from me and waits until I am finished so this is a good thing and well it's progress..lol.

Attachments

Last edited:

Zigana

Arachnosquire
My newest additions are two A. hentzi tarantulas, both are mature males and native to my area. The first one pictured is named Mad Max because he was very mad when I found him on the road injured. When my husband and I walked over to him I could tell he was injured, minus a leg towards the back and a pedipalp, so I brought him home. I have had him for a little over a week and his disposition is much better, no more threats or hair kicking. He has been digging a burrow and catching up on meals he lacked in the wild. Though he can do a threat pose it is very awkward for him. A female could easily kill him quickly so I won't be releasing him.

The second photo is of my other A. hentzi male that I found. He has all legs etc but is very skinny. His name is Road Warrior and is the complete opposite of Max. Very docile, no threats or hair kicking.

Attachments

Rayenicole

Arachnopeon
Lovely T's, thanks for sharing. I've always wanted to find an Aphonopelma but so far I've never managed to come across one.

Zigana

Arachnosquire
CB A. hentzi- these will be released into the wild to repopulate the area since local habitat areas are being destroyed. Sadly I'm seeing less of the wild tarantulas so I feel I need to do something to try and help. I plan to release some every year in different locations near by.

Attachments

Last edited:

Zigana

Arachnosquire
Pic of my A. hentzi female flipped over to begin the process of molting, her molting and a pic of her after molting. She is the mom to the slings pictured above. She molted outside of her hide which made it easier to watch the whole process to be sure all went well. She did great! :)

Attachments

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
CB A. hentzi- these will be released into the wild to repopulate the area since local habitat areas are being destroyed. Sadly I'm seeing less of the wild tarantulas so I feel I need to do something to try and help. I plan to release some every year in different locations near by.
this is ten thousand kinds of win. Very awesome.