Newer T's to the American hobby.

Athenas Boy

Arachnosquire
What are some newer T's to the American hobby? T's that just became available or will become available in the near future? I want something in my collection that very little to no other people have.

awiec

Arachnoprince
You are going to pay through the nose if you want to go through that route. Stuff that most people don't have or is new to our market costs $100 and more, but here are some price friendly ones that don't seem to get much love here:

G.ihringi- These are everywhere atm probably because adults just started maturing lately.
A.braunshauseni - Same story as above, they pop in an out of the hobby.
T.gigas- This genus in general seems to be cheap and available but I don't see many people post about having them in the collection.
Holothele sp Columbia- These are cute little dwarf Ts that look like bees, they also come in and out of the hobby.
A sp Kwitaria- This was imported recently but a lot were bought up, if you get a chance get it, they are large and green.
P. sp Purple- I don't see these really around but they are very pretty

There are lots more but that's a short list I could think of.

NewAgePrimal

Arachnosquire
You are going to pay through the nose if you want to go through that route. Stuff that most people don't have or is new to our market costs $100 and more, but here are some price friendly ones that don't seem to get much love here:

G.ihringi- These are everywhere atm probably because adults just started maturing lately.
A.braunshauseni - Same story as above, they pop in an out of the hobby.
T.gigas- This genus in general seems to be cheap and available but I don't see many people post about having them in the collection.
Holothele sp Columbia- These are cute little dwarf Ts that look like bees, they also come in and out of the hobby.
A sp Kwitaria- This was imported recently but a lot were bought up, if you get a chance get it, they are large and green.
P. sp Purple- I don't see these really around but they are very pretty

There are lots more but that's a short list I could think of.
What is the genus of the P. Sp. Purple?

awiec

Arachnoprince
I've got those on my list. If I can find them at a decent price I'd pick up probably 5 slings.
I got pretty lucky as there were a few people breeding them in my local area and selling them for a decent price; I've seen them elsewhere but for a few dollars more and at smaller sizes. I believe swifts and jamies may still have some.

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
I got pretty lucky as there were a few people breeding them in my local area and selling them for a decent price; I've seen them elsewhere but for a few dollars more and at smaller sizes. I believe swifts and jamies may still have some.
Both out. I saw Paul Becker had some a few years ago he was selling for $40 a piece. I'd buy like 5 of them at that price. Seems all the colorful monster terrestrials (Pampho, Xen, Phorm) are pretty scarce these days. Oh well, I'll be watching and waiting.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Both out. I saw Paul Becker had some a few years ago he was selling for $40 a piece. I'd buy like 5 of them at that price. Seems all the colorful monster terrestrials (Pampho, Xen, Phorm) are pretty scarce these days. Oh well, I'll be watching and waiting.
I got mine for 30 I think but the guy sold out of them pretty fast once spring rolled around, I love pamphs and phormics but they don't like my pocket book.

to the OP I think stamps tarantulas has some cool avics that are just starting to get more popular, why don't you check him out?

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
What are some newer T's to the American hobby? T's that just became available or will become available in the near future? I want something in my collection that very little to no other people have.
P.sazimai is fairly rare in collections,I couldn't agree more with getting a G.iheringi,that's an awesome spider,get one before they disappear.

awiec

Arachnoprince
P.sazimai is fairly rare in collections,I couldn't agree more with getting a G.iheringi,that's an awesome spider,get one before they disappear.
I was going for more price friendly stuff as most of the species I suggest can be purchased for under $50 but are still not very common; you can have something neat without breaking the pocket book.

Steve123

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
H. pulchripes

H. marksi

Xenesthis sp. blue

Neostenotarsus sp. suriname

Psalmopeous ecclesaisticus

P. ultramarinus
Hmm, if money is no object, then you could also consider Avicularia sp. "Columbia," Augacephalus breyeri, various Bonnetina species (“Colima,” “Guerrero,” tanzeri), Ceratogyrus brachycephalus (wild form), Harpatira (pulchripes; also gigas, hamiltoni, montane), Harpactirella lightfooti, Holothele sp. “Columbia, bumblebee,” O. diamentinensis, Pachistopelma bromelicola, Pachistompelma rufonigrum, Phormictopus atrichromatus, Phormingochilus everetti (rarity and price declining), Psalmopoeus emeraldus, Theraphosinae sp. "Panama," Sericopelma sp. "Chiriqui, Panama," and Xenesthis sp. "megascopula.”

The above list is not complete, just a perspective from what I see on the shelves. Lots of Pamphobeteus have been introduced recently, as well as Avicularia not mentioned. I’m sure others have more to add.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Money is no object to me. I place more value in lives then money.
Then basically most pamphs, some of the more odd ball avics and Harpatira will fit the bill. There are more phormics coming in the hobby too that are pretty neat. Though correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you make a huge slew of threads asking about simple care stuff in the past month? If that is the case then I can't advise you to get some of the expensive species if you were asking stuff about well known species that you can research yourself; the more expensive should be in capable breeders' hands so their numbers can go up.

Athenas Boy

Arachnosquire
Then basically most pamphs, some of the more odd ball avics and Harpatira will fit the bill. There are more phormics coming in the hobby too that are pretty neat. Though correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you make a huge slew of threads asking about simple care stuff in the past month? If that is the case then I can't advise you to get some of the expensive species if you were asking stuff about well known species that you can research yourself; the more expensive should be in capable breeders' hands so their numbers can go up.
I did yes but more out of wanting to know other peoples input then necessity

timisimaginary

Arachnosquire
+1. the purpose of buying a rare or uncommon species should be to breed it and make it more available to the rest of the hobby, not to keep it to yourself so you can feel like you have something that no one else does.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Phormictopus

Often sold as the "Cuban purple"

I have 8 of these, I traded a GBB sling and a freebie P. Cambridgei, 6 molted yesterday, seen one fully molt today and one I'm not sure if he molted at all because he stays hidden...

awiec

Arachnoprince
I did yes but more out of wanting to know other peoples input then necessity
Well study up then as a good number of these species do have cousins in the trade so it would be a good idea to look how the genus is cared for as a whole.

I have 8 of these, I traded a GBB sling and a freebie P. Cambridgei, 6 molted yesterday, seen one fully molt today and one I'm not sure if he molted at all because he stays hidden...
They can be very shy, mine has its moods but they will come out when they are hungry (which is pretty often).

EmberPhase

Arachnopeon
Where did you get yours from?