Hope you're all happy with yourselves!

darthcider

Arachnopeon
Got my first T, a G. rosea sling, a couple months back. I saw all the posts saying one is never enough, but thought I knew better.
Went to buy crickets yesterday, came home with a 1" C. elegans!
Lovely little orange and black stripey thing.
So like the title says, hope you're all happy with yourselves.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I love my C. elegans. Mine is always hungry haha, good burrower too. Just be sure to keep it moist unlike the G. rosea haha.

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
When the hobby takes hold, it takes hold. I'll be over 200 T's by the end of the year for sure. Just bought a new storage shelf system and will probably pick up another by the end of the year, that in itself is an exuse to go get more T's.

Congrats on the new addition.

gobey

Arachnoknight
Bought a G. Rosea 6 weeks ago to have A PET tarantula.

I now have 4 tarantulas in my COLLECTION

Add an A. Avic and 2 L. Parahybanas to that list....

I'm stopping at that for now... Because I don't have any room, and I don't have any money, and I have to get back to real life and out of tarantula world for now.

And I feel like I should see how well I do now raising 4 spiders that range from simple to slightly more complicated to care for, before I go about buying like 3 more of these guys. Because I really know which 3 I want next even though I thought 5 would be my limit. But I wasted a slot by getting a 2nd L.Parahybana. But I mean seriously, sale on salmon pink bird eaters!

And that's how it goes.

awiec

Arachnoprince
I was doing pretty good. I waited 3 months after I bought my first one before I got more, then it turned into a once a month thing, I'm capped out at 20 atm (mother put her foot down). Now I'm moving into pedes. Pray for me people

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
hahahaha im pending an order for number 9 and 10.. i wanted a good even number.. plus a little challenge XD mine range from an adult rosea rcf and a.aciv as my easy. b.bohmei, LP and LD as my slightly harder [but satifyingly faster growing] and finally gbb and A.genic as my intermediates im about to take a jump into slightly faster and more of an attitude.

ill admit im slightly addicted... i got each of my snakes for their different personalities from the 6ft cuddle bug to my 2ft rescue whos a garbage disposal. and my 2kg she-demon who i got stuck ,with complete coils, by every other day the first month i had her [now i know her evil tricks bwahaha] now im finding out.. T's are funner to watch i can stare at one wall and see all my sub adults and juvies [4] active as apposed to maybe seeing one snake scooting around.. plus snakes take up more room[10x as much]. im tired of killing my rats [god i love these things] and tho their is no proffit in T's id like to breed them at some point in life. just to observe nature and to rear up a sack of my own XD iv done it with snakes. wasnt as fun. was a big snooze XS plus even all 8 of my T's take less husbandry then half my snakes XD

Last edited:

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
I'm getting bitten with the T bug too. I'm a snake fan. LOVE snakes.. I'm willing to give up the quest for more snakes to accomodate my growing interest in T's. They're addictive for sure but I have one question. I guess specifically to the dude with 100 spiders. My goodness that must take some time out of your day feeding, checking, cleaning, filling water dishes, spritzing and moistening.. where do you find the time??!! LOL

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I'm getting bitten with the T bug too. I'm a snake fan. LOVE snakes.. I'm willing to give up the quest for more snakes to accomodate my growing interest in T's. They're addictive for sure but I have one question. I guess specifically to the dude with 100 spiders. My goodness that must take some time out of your day feeding, checking, cleaning, filling water dishes, spritzing and moistening.. where do you find the time??!! LOL
hahahaha i myself have 10 snakes, 3 roach colonies. 10 fish tanks [and 2 tropicla ponds] i take care of and 2 jobs haha... i myself dedicate one day off to some stuff.. like for me myself im off thurs and friday. i clean all fish tanks on that morning befor bed. as well as my rat cages [i have kritter nation 161's so nothing realy to clean] every thurs night [typically when my main job is] ill clean the snake cages as well as do 1/2 the feedings, seperate weanlings from mature rats and "fill up the freezer" fri into sat is kinda free range for me. some days i do more feedings. but with most of my 8 T's being slings i also feed then on another random day. some get fed twice a week and a few get 3x a week [small 1in slings get 3x some the 2in get 2-3 depending if they take them]

so more or less sat-wed i feed whenever i feel like it. thurs i do my cleaning of totes, main feedings of the bigger snakes [as well as go feed for someone elses] fri i feed more may clean some more if i got lazy or rehouse. and spot clean whenever necessary

in actuality i have 10 snakes 2 geckos and 8 T's but i feed also 3k+ fish every day 20+ 15+ft snakes. a tonn of rodents and still have a bit of a life lmao and even with 2 jobs i dont find it hard. im about to quit one possibly and thatl give me more time for kritters ;)

and i also am starting to get rid of my snakes so i can enjoy t's ;)

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
You're welcome, darth! LOL

Numbers 13, 14, and 15 (G. pulchripes, GBB, and P. subfusca Highland) arrive today. :)