Tarantula Knowledge

Grey

Arachnopeon
As you may know from my first thread on the board, I am new to TS. I have no experience with them and I am looking forward to making a purchase within the next few months, after I move into a new home. So to keep my mind at ease and to put off the thriving desire to impulsively buy several slings I searching for knowledge, I like to know as much as possible about TS and species in general because I love to learn and I can see how this will easily become a lifelong addiction.

Question; what are the best books to be reading on Ts? Which book is the the T bible, the holy grail of T books? Also, I'm highly interested in learning about the different species so can someone give me the name of a book that is similar to a T encyclopedia.

Also I'm interested in learning about the breeding of Ts.

Sorry about making a whole thread dedicated to a simple question but I want a definite answer by consensus. I devour information so I desire the best sources! Thanks, guys!

JZC

Arachnobaron
The tarantula bible is The Tarantula Keeper's Guide, written by Stan Schultz. He is a member here. Highly recommended reading, and you can ask questions here.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
As you may know from my first thread on the board, I am new to TS. I have no experience with them and I am looking forward to making a purchase within the next few months, after I move into a new home. So to keep my mind at ease and to put off the thriving desire to impulsively buy several slings I searching for knowledge, I like to know as much as possible about TS and species in general because I love to learn and I can see how this will easily become a lifelong addiction.

Question; what are the best books to be reading on Ts? Which book is the the T bible, the holy grail of T books? Also, I'm highly interested in learning about the different species so can someone give me the name of a book that is similar to a T encyclopedia.

Also I'm interested in learning about the breeding of Ts.

Sorry about making a whole thread dedicated to a simple question but I want a definite answer by consensus. I devour information so I desire the best sources! Thanks, guys!
Search function.

Enjoy.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ditto: Tarantula Keeper's Guide by the Schultzs. It also covers a variety of species. Browsing the forum here and on other tarantula oriented sites will provide a wealth of info as well.

Grey

Arachnopeon
Search function.

Enjoy.
Old worlders might bite but I won't.

I will however say that I'm aware that its there. There are some good reasons that I chose to make this a thread instead of simply using the search function. Mainly because its a topic of opinion. It wasn't out of laziness.

Thanks to all the helpful members who chose to answer!
I'm gonna call Walmart this weekend and see I'd they have a copy in stock!