Salmon Pink purchase

hooferinsane

Arachnopeon
The local reptile shop has two of these in a small set up (they are seperate of course), about 3 inches long for £60 uk. Is this a reasonable pricing? I know they will quickly outgrow the set up. Already have 4 Ts. Anyone any experience of

one of these? I know they reach a very large size

Enn49

Arachnosquire
If you mean L.parahybana, I bought 2 slings (around 1") just a couple of weeks ago, for £3 each plus £8 p&p but another supplier is charging £40 each for 3" ones so I guess they are good value unless you are prepared to buy slings.

They are definitely great feeders. One of mine spends most of the day in the middle of the tub in full view but the other hides away most of the time although it has been busy digging.

Sceliphron

Arachnopeon
I received mine as a sling and stayed perpetually burrowed until it hit about 3-4 inches. In my experience, they get really bold once they reach a reasonable size and literally never stop eating.

I've heard that they supposedly molt very frequently when young, but mine molts only once every roughly 4 months, however, it nearly doubles in size with each molt.

gobey

Arachnoknight
Hmm I'm not good with £ to $ conversion. I got 2 L.P.s that were 4" for $30 each. But it was a package deal. They were $35 American otherwise. But this was through a private sale on the classifieds here and shipping was $15. Making a 4 inch or 10cm Salmon Pink about $50 American. Which Google is telling me is 30£.

So try to find a breeder I'd say.

Mine both hide most of the time. The bigger one comes out more often. And both dig and build a ton. So use a LOT if substrate. Like 5" if you can. I did not use enough and he dug down to the plastic bottom.

The smaller one built barriers between her hide and me. Which makes me feel more secure I guess while changing her water for me and her. But I don't see her often. Her wall hides her but allows her to peek at me. Clever girl.

Last edited:

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
That would make it $101 USD, that is way too much for a 3" LP. At the most, a 3" LP should cost half of that.