Phidippus Audax egg sack/babies question....

xxbambixx

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!

I was hoping to get some information from someone who have kept these jumpers before...
I have had many jumpers before, but none that have laid eggs, so here we go...

So i had found a female Phidippus Audax a while ago, and about a month ago, she laid eggs ( just one batch so far)...they haven't hatched yet..so i was wondering if there is a way to tell if they are fertile or not. They are darker yellow then they were when they were laid, so i'm hoping that means the babies are developing..but i'm not sure...any info on that would be great.

Also, One of my friends brought me a egg sack full of baby p. Audax because they were at a work site and they were going to the dump...so i asked him to bring them to me so they would live....they are now emerging slowly out of the egg sack, ad i am currently providing them with fruit flies..only one has eaten and i have separated it from the group into its own enclosure...if anyone has some helpful tips for me as how to raise them right, that would be very helpful!

Thanks in advance for any info!!

Alyssa :)

Ps, this is the mom of the unhatched eggs :)

Phidippus Audax 3.jpg

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
For tiny slings, use tiny enclosures.

Because of their smaller size, they cannot see as far as an adult can.

xxbambixx

Arachnopeon
Awesome, thanks...i have them in Little containers ( the ones betta fish come in.) once i see one eat, i transfer it into its own container :)