He made me do it, I swear

lacrosse5001

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Earlier today I fed my gbb sling who is around 2", and I realized he left a big chunk of the mealworm webbed up into the wall of his web lair... In the interest of keeping things clean I had to pull it out, and wound up ruining most of his nice tube :(
Just wanted to vent about having to ruin his nice webs to keep things clean

RussoTuristo

Arachnopeon
Yup, removing anything (molts, leftovers) from a GBB's web is tricky, I also ended up ruining the whole web once or twice. I'm not sure if I got better at it or my GBB's web got less sticky somehow, but it's been easier to do lately.

oooo35980

Arachnosquire
Trying to dig out water dishes is the worst for me, my GBB and my P. irminia both cover their dish with dirt and then web over it.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Use small scissors and trim it out instead, which will destroy a small portion, rather than all of it?

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
my 2inchers both have their own webbing standards.. one webs anything and everything. so once or twice a week i actually go ahead and pull something out. like poop roach leg that mighta fell off. now it is in the means of keeping it nice. but sometimes one does nothing when its web is taking up the entire container.. and this gives her something to do.. she personally brings food to the web so its messed up lol then fixes it.. so ik she likes it... the other doesnt web much [shame to the gbb] i just make sure to break it from the lid and thats it. also tend not to drop food in web for him because he doesnt like to web back up [maybe 15% of his enclosure compared to the 90%]

but i think i will use small scisors for cutting the leftovers in the lazy gbb for now on lmao :D great idea