Mold

cjp518

Arachnopeon
I am a new T owner. I found mold in one of my slings containers on the stick I had in there for him I pulled it out and tossed it nothing else seems to have mold on it I scooped out the little bit of substrate that had mold too. Should I do anything else?

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Not really. In the future, just picking out the mold and keeping them a little less stuffy would suffice.

cold blood

Staff member
Increase the amount of ventilation your enclosure has....mold is a product of too much moisture and/or too little ventilation....fresh airflow restricts, if not prevents, the growth of mold....its unsightly, but not a tremendous danger to your t in small amounts.

What species of t is it??

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
There are some things that mold easier than others. I use bagged topsoil, and occasionally a small twig or piece of wood will mold, but nothing else. I just remove it and the mold doesn't come back.

Ashton

Arachnoknight
I had a similar problem with my versi sling. If you need to then increase ventilation, so keep it less stuffy like Hobo said.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I had a similar problem with my versi sling. If you need to then increase ventilation, so keep it less stuffy like Hobo said.
You definitely don't want an Avic cage stuffy enough to grow mold.

cjp518

Arachnopeon
It happened in both my enclosures for both T's one is an A. Metallica and I caught it when it was just starting. The other is a E. campestratus and it was all over the twig. Neither one of them are eating now also and they haven't been fed in a week

telepatella

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There are some things that mold easier than others. I use bagged topsoil, and occasionally a small twig or piece of wood will mold, but nothing else. I just remove it and the mold doesn't come back.
I have had the same thing happen. Chuck the moldy thing and find something that doesn't.