OBT acting weird since molt

khyile

Arachnopeon
so i have a 3 inch obt that molted last week and he been acting super strange since.He has a tunnel/lair that has 2 entrances and he literally never comes out unless there is a cricket near one of the entrances. I also read that they usually move their molts outside of their homes but he hasnt as of yet but he puts it in a different spot everyday. Now the weird thing is that now hes never in his home hes always outside just sitting there and i in the 5 months ive had him hes never left his home. Just wondering if its because his molt is still in there or some other reason thanks.

NewAgePrimal

Arachnosquire
All I know is not every spider read the rule book on how they should act. I've heard of some peoples obts being pet holes and others that aren't. I just recently got my first obt a couple weeks ago. Its 2" and quite the webber. At first once it found its' hide I never saw it. But just recently I've been seeing it early in the morning when I wake up and for the past 3 days I have been seeing it in the daytime when I get home. I wouldn't worry too much about it, just enjoy the show!

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
so i have a 3 inch obt that molted last week and he been acting super strange since.He has a tunnel/lair that has 2 entrances and he literally never comes out unless there is a cricket near one of the entrances. I also read that they usually move their molts outside of their homes but he hasnt as of yet but he puts it in a different spot everyday. Now the weird thing is that now hes never in his home hes always outside just sitting there and i in the 5 months ive had him hes never left his home. Just wondering if its because his molt is still in there or some other reason thanks.
well I have one that's not 3 inches however, it rarely goes in the hide anymore after its last molt but it's still a juvenile

2g33k4u

Arachnopeon
Many species spend early years in hiding and do not come out to play and show off until they are adults this is common. also like previously posted could be a male ready to mate.

Last edited:

Issehalsey

Arachnopeon
I have two OBTs I got at the same time. Both stayed in their hides. Both molted within two days of each other. The (confirmed) female stays out in the open, with lots of webbing everywhere now. The other, much smaller, I'm leaning towards male, stays in an underground hide he made himself. He only comes out for food/water. All spiders, same species or not will act differently. As long as he looks healthy it's nothing to worry about. As stated in another comment, do look to see if he's mature. If he's wandering around, he might be looking for a female :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk