Cyrtopholis portoricae help

wil123

Arachnopeon
I got a Cyrtopholis portoricae about 3 weeks and well I cant fined anything much.I put together that they burrow dont have urticating hairs andare aggressive eaters(this all came form the web).But hes never showed any internist in burrowing.He moves around a lot twice he spinet all
night at the top corners of his cage.Win hes not moving he wedges himself inbetween his water bowl and the cage side or in a corner.Kinda like
a t.stirmi or t.blondi sorta uncomfortably.Iv noticed a bald patch on its abdomen.I tried to feed him a week ago but he showed no internist in it.
I tried to feed him about two hours ago he grebbid it defensively.It looked like he was going to eat it because he was rearranging his fangs.But when I checked on him he had dropped It.Shes only 2.5 inches there supposed to get 4 inches so it shouldn't be a MM.pls tell me some of yer
experiences and advice on this species.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/f...etail&pname=El Yunque National Forest- Nature

http://www.mikebasictarantula.com/Cyrt-care-sheet.html

Ok, here is what I was able to find about this species. It sounds like you've done all you can as far as making your little spidey comfortable unless I'm missing something. I would really probably just make sure that you have everything set up as close to whats on these care sheets as possible and then leave your little guy alone for a couple of weeks aside from possibly misting it once a day and making sure it has fresh water available. I wouldn't even offer food for a week or so, give him some time to adjust. The information provided says they are "opportunistic burrowers" I think for me that would mean to provide some sort of basic hide and let him expand it on his own. A simple piece of cork bark or a piece of clay pot for him to get under should work. I'm kind of new to the hobby myself but based on the information provided in these two links you should be able to set something suitable. Good luck!! keep us posted!

wil123

Arachnopeon
I looked at both of thos befor and set up accordingly.His enclosure is filed up half way with a seed starting mix and he has a half of a pot to burrow.I had waited about a week befor tiring to feed him