A few questions about enclosure setup

iemmaamme

Arachnopeon
I've got a couple AMAC cubes I'm preparing for my new & current Ts. The lids seem snug enough, but should I get some hasps/hooks just in case?

Also, I was thinking of putting a mirror on the shelf behind the enclosures, so I can see what they're up to without disturbing them. I'd also like to put the cubes right up against each other, side by side. Would either of these affect the Ts in any way?

Last question, I'd like to light the shelf in some way, I've heard anything red spectrum is OK, anything I should look for in specific? Thanks for your replies!

Ashton

Arachnoknight
I think you should also post this in the discussions and questions forum because more people look there and I'm not an expert. My answer is I don't think there is a problem as long as they can't get to each other and you aren't mixing your humid and dry ones.

iemmaamme

Arachnopeon
I think you should also post this in the discussions and questions forum because more people look there and I'm not an expert. My answer is I don't think there is a problem as long as they can't get to each other and you aren't mixing your humid and dry ones.
Thanks for the advice, I'll do that :) Sorry Mods!

JadeWilliamson

Arachnoknight
The lids seem snug enough, but should I get some hasps/hooks just in case?
The lids should definitely be okay. Lots of people (including me) use these with no problems. I've never had an escape from one.

I was thinking of putting a mirror on the shelf behind the enclosures, so I can see what they're up to without disturbing them
This is genius. I am going to do this one day.

I'd also like to put the cubes right up against each other, side by side
You won't have any problems regardless of whether you put dry and wet ones next to each other. Their microclimates won't be affected much if any.

iemmaamme

Arachnopeon
The lids should definitely be okay. Lots of people (including me) use these with no problems. I've never had an escape.
You won't have any problems regardless of whether you put dry and wet ones next to each other. Their microclimates won't be affected much if any.
Awesome, I was hoping someone had some first-hand exp with those, thanks for putting my mind at ease :p I'm surprised I haven't seen any mention of the use of mirrors, my gbb likes to use his leaves as hides, and I felt bad about moving his mason jar around to peek at him.