A few questions about enclosure set up

iemmaamme

Arachnopeon
I've got a couple AMAC cubes I'm preparing for my new & current Ts. The lids seem snug enough, but should I get some hasps/hooks just in case?

Also, I was thinking of putting a mirror on the shelf behind the enclosures, so I can see what they're up to without disturbing them. I'd also like to put the cubes right up against each other, side by side. Would either of these affect the Ts in any way?

Last question, I'd like to light the shelf in some way, I've heard anything red spectrum is OK, anything I should look for in specific? Thanks for your replies!

NOTE: I originally posted this in the Vivarium/Terrarium section, but there seems to be more foot traffic here. Not sure if it's possible to move posts, sorry for my noobery, Mods !

SheWolf

Arachnopeon
Putting a mirror behind the enclosures is an interesting idea that I havent heard but it sounds like a good idea. As for putting them next to eachother that should be fine, if you take a look at other peoples T rooms that have been posted here you'll see plenty of people will fit as many enclosures as they can in a space.

Athenas Boy

Arachnosquire
If you have different sexes o the same t next to eachother it can become interesting. I've hear of males and females tapping to eachother from separate enclosures

iemmaamme

Arachnopeon
Thanks for your replies! I'd be housing different Ts next to each other, which makes me curious as to whether or not anyone has witnessed inter species mating rituals :p I'm worried more about them sensing movement & being stressed out, since I'm not sure exactly how poor their vision is & whether or not their reflection/neighbours would even register.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I own A LOT of those boxes. Never needed a hasps, then again my Ts which are in them are all under 4". Don't know what species you are going to own, but if you put them right up against each other that really limits your ventilation, and that is bad.