My first pokie...

jbinkc1911

Arachnopeon
I got a p.ornata last week, and it's gorgeous! It's mind blowing how fast it is! Im really stoked about it it

Dowd0

Arachnopeon
Beautiful pokie..

I also love the pokies..

The Skill of Disgiuse:
The Speed like have "ability to teleport";
And The Top Class Venom..

I think the genus of Poecilotheria is the Clans of Ninjas.. (LOL)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rayenicole

Arachnopeon
Beautiful pokie..

I also love the pokies..

The Skill of Disgiuse:
The Speed like have "ability to teleport";
And The Top Class Venom..

I think the genus of Poecilotheria is the Clans of Ninjas.. (LOL)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funnily enough I just described a P. rufilata to a friend as a ninja, lol!

Thanks for sharing OP, please post updates here!

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice ornata and good first choice! Also your ornata looks like a female from her vents!!! My first tarantula was a p pederseni. I was tired of being told what I could n't have. I did well and had no issues.

jbinkc1911

Arachnopeon
Female huh? Nice. What is generally the difference as far as life span and size between male and female?

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I usually get males to mature within 1.5 years without power feeding male are ONLY good for breeding, but for most breeders like myself males are generally hard to obtain, depending on species. Females I would say 10-12. Depends on the male really, I've had mm fasaicata's mature out at 3.5 inches and females get approx. 8 or 9 inches. The coloration between the mature males and females in pokies are so different or referred to as sexually dimorphic. Some species are and some aren't. I don't know what you've kept so far.

Did you get the p ornata from Brickster on ab? He has a lot of great starter pokies for cheap. :)

jbinkc1911

Arachnopeon
Ok here's an update on my pokie, who I've named Harry Houdini(pending gender id), do to his miraculous escape through his vent holes shortly after my last post. Everything going well eating well, it hard not to power feed it because it has such a veracious appetite but I have refrained I only feed him every other day at most, what about you guys? How often how much? I would say he's around 4" now.

Attachments

jbinkc1911

Arachnopeon
Yes I ran into that a little when I first started keeping inverts, I started with some pretty HOT scorpions and was blessed enough to hear anybodys and everybodys oponion about it. But responsibility and common sense always prevails, I haven't been tagged by anything yet, knock on wood.

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes, the dorsal markings plus his dark dull colors.

Were you nervous in the video? Your tongs were shaking like crazy.

jbinkc1911

Arachnopeon
Yeah, maybe a litle, I think I was trying to juggle too many things at once and I was worried about my phone falling into the enclosure lol plus I drink too much coffee and I inherited quite a bit of that from my mother's side.