Chilobrachys guangxiensis

ThrenodyDirge

Arachnopeon
Does anybody have the info on this specie's (Chinese Fawn) bite? I'm looking into getting one perhaps as my first OW T. It holds a special place in my heart filled with fear and, intimidation, and pure romance.

Jokes aside, ideas?

Brian A

Arachnopeon
I would very much like to have at least 2 or 3 Chilobrachys Guangxiensis, I'm omly able to make payment thru paypal the first of the month due to I'm a disabled VET and I only receive my disability the 1st of the month which sucks!!! Thank you for any help!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Does anybody have the info on this specie's (Chinese Fawn) bite? I'm looking into getting one perhaps as my first OW T. It holds a special place in my heart filled with fear and, intimidation, and pure romance.

Jokes aside, ideas?
Owned, owned ;-) if you mean Chilobrachys huahini, owned. Personally i love genus Chilobrachys. Obviously it's NOT the best first OW Theraphosidae, they are high strung & fast as hell... but with that said, do what you want, man, of course.

Chilobrachys fimbriatus venom potency is one of the most underrated OW venom ones. Don't be fooled by the fact that are very few the bite reports available (unlike Pterinochilus murinus, for instance).
That venom should be considered strong like genus Poecilotheria one. Period.

Now i assume that Chilobrachys huahini could be strong enough as well, who knows... never been bitten by a Theraphosidae. However i assume more stronger than the 'average' OW genus Ceratogyrus venom.

I kept those webbers under lots of inches of (moist) substrate, a water dish, a piece of cork bark, cross ventilation enclosure. Very easy genus to keep.

Edit:
Didn't read the title, lol, only your post, sorry... you was talking about Chilobrachys guangxiensis. However the care is the same... can't go wrong with those Asians once there's moist substrate and room for burrow.

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I would very much like to have at least 2 or 3 Chilobrachys Guangxiensis, I'm omly able to make payment thru paypal the first of the month due to I'm a disabled VET and I only receive my disability the 1st of the month which sucks!!! Thank you for any help!
In UK genus Chilobrachys is often available at very good prices, saw those as well. Don't know nothing about the US.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
I wouldn't recommend a Chilobrachys unless you've had experience with Tapinauchenius (or other fast NWs). Even then, if your disability has a large impact on your reaction timing, it probably is best if you stick to slower or smaller OWs like Ceratogyrus and Heterothele. Good luck with whatever you chose.

Alem2001

Arachnopeon
Chilobrachys is best genus outh there!They have strong venom but they are great.Mine second tarantula was Chilobrachys dyscolus blue form "South Vietnam",and i wasn't have any problems with him.If you don't treat it like dog or cat you can buy it for first OW.