Creobroter pictipennis mantis, L1 (just hatched)

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
These hatched out of the ooth a few nights ago ... a month earlier than I was told they would. Very cute, but not terribly interesting just yet.

Stay tuned, the same day that they hatched my order of 3 L2 Pseudocreobotra wahlbergiis arrived! Very cool looking. :D

Creobroter pictipennis, L1

Preview of L2 Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii

McGuiverstein

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awesome shots as usual!! Congratulations on the little guys!

I imagine it must've been difficult to get such an awesome shot of the wahlbergii! Out of all of my species, they seem to be the most high strung haha. Have you seen their just-got-out-of-bed stretching thing they do yet?

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome shots as usual!! Congratulations on the little guys!

I imagine it must've been difficult to get such an awesome shot of the wahlbergii! Out of all of my species, they seem to be the most high strung haha. Have you seen their just-got-out-of-bed stretching thing they do yet?

Thanks a lot! Yeah they move pretty fast as nymphs, but so do/did the others when they were small. And yes, I see exactly what you mean by the waving/stretching thing! :D

McGuiverstein

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haha they definitely are little balls of energy when they're young. For me, it's always thrilling to see what kind of unique behaviors and temperaments each new mantis species I get has. They're all so different!

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
you say not terribly interesting, I say absolutely beautiful! thanks for sharing your awesome photos as always!

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you say not terribly interesting, I say absolutely beautiful! thanks for sharing your awesome photos as always!
Thanks! :)

Yeah, I do agree ... I guess I was just thinking that some might think it looked rather plain compared to the wahlbergii at the end. ;)

But they do turn pretty wild-looking, here's an adult.

Last edited:

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thanks! :)

Yeah, I do agree ... I guess I was just thinking that some might think it looked rather plain compared to the wahlbergii at the end. ;)

But they do turn pretty wild-looking, here's an adult.
wow! the adult is amazing looking! alright I'm sold, I am getting a mantis once I get back from Missouri!