What is this spider ??

NanoTek

Arachnopeon
Hi there I am from the UK and a mate found this in the kitchen before she squished it :( ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406544701.005022.jpg

NanoTek

Arachnopeon
What is that in English mate are they poisonous do they bite are they some kind of false widow ?

Dark Raptor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, they belong to "false widows". Their bite can be a bit painful, but if you are not allergic to their venom, you don't need to worry.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
He was saying the scientific name which narrows it down to a species. 'False widow' covers a ton of spiders, S. nobilis covers only 1 species.

GG80

Arachnoknight
I found one of these in my bathroom the other night. Nice looking spider. I let it walk onto my hand and brought it outside. I didn't realize it had a potent bite, I'm glad I didn't find out when it was on my hand haha.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I found one of these in my bathroom the other night. Nice looking spider. I let it walk onto my hand and brought it outside. I didn't realize it had a potent bite, I'm glad I didn't find out when it was on my hand haha.
Unless goaded into the threat posture it would be darned difficult to get an extreme web oriented spider as the cobweb weavers to bite. Your hand is just another surface it would rather not be on and would like to escape from. A major difference from something vibrating a sticky line. Orb weavers can be goaded somewhat easier but the vast majority of random bites are from spiders that are naturally oriented to hunting and wandering unfamiliar terrain.