GBB set up arboreal or terrestrial?

Stackie

Arachnopeon
Do you give your GBBs more vertical or horizontal space?? My sling is ready to rehouse and it's been all over the place, so I'm unsure as to which type of set up to do. I've read conflicting things.

HungryGhost

Arachnoknight
GBBs are 100% terrestrial. Make sure there is plenty for it to anchor it's webbing in the enclosure (cork bark, fake plants, hide). They are heavy webbers and if there is nothing low for them to anchor on they will climb and web. Great T's enjoy.

arach619

Arachnopeon
Agreed, 100% terrestrial. Though their webbing might find its way vertically they by no means live in the trees!

Dowd0

Arachnopeon
Agree GBB is total terestrial, although my GBB oftenly climb into the top of his/her enclo..

Really scare that s/he will fall down..

here is my setups by the way..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dowd0

Arachnopeon
Why are those enclosures so wet??
that pictures is taken after 2 days from rehousing my GBB..

i've been told to use the semi-dry cocopeat for the first time to put the bedding (pardon my english)..

is it wrong..? im kind a newbie.. Just start the hobbie month ago..

now, two week later after rehouse the enclo is already dry..

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
that pictures is taken after 2 days from rehousing my GBB..

i've been told to use the semi-dry cocopeat for the first time to put the bedding (pardon my english)..

is it wrong..? im kind a newbie.. Just start the hobbie month ago..

now, two week later after rehouse the enclo is already dry..

GBB's come from a xeric desert/scrubland environment. They don't like moisture. Just make sure you keep the enclosure and substrate dry, a water dish is the only moisture it needs.

Dowd0

Arachnopeon
GBB's come from a xeric desert/scrubland environment. They don't like moisture. Just make sure you keep the enclosure and substrate dry, a water dish is the only moisture it needs.
well noted..

Thank you very much..

1 more question, is spraying water on GBB, Brachy genus (Smithi and Klassi), Lasiodora Parahybana, and Gramostola Pulchipres by weekly are necessary..?

All of them are kinda dont like their encloes after i spray it.. What i can tell is they just hangging on tops of their encloes after i spray them..

(i've been told that T's are oftenly too lazy to search water sources so i need to spray them..)

All of them are already has waterdish on their enclosures...

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
These are all arid species. The substrate should be bone-dry. So no misting or wetting of the substrate.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

cold blood

Staff member
Take your mister and step on it, its doing no good...very few species need or like to be misted. For those that do like added moisture, a dropper or overflowed dish will work significantly better.

Of those species you listed, only the LP will appreciate a little extra moisture....and only a little.

HungryGhost

Arachnoknight
Take your mister and step on it, its doing no good...very few species need or like to be misted. For those that do like added moisture, a dropper or overflowed dish will work significantly better.

Of those species you listed, only the LP will appreciate a little extra moisture....and only a little.
Well said.

Dowd0

Arachnopeon
thank you very much sirs..
well noted..

oooo35980

Arachnosquire
I keep mine terrestrial with plenty of cork bark for him to web all over. Hot glued his water dish to a largish piece of cork bark so when he webs over it he at least won't fill it with dirt.

If it were me I'd add a little more (Dry) substrate and lay those cork pieces over. They aren't doing him much good where they are unless he wants an easy route to the top of the enclosure, which isn't ideal IMO. If you lay them over on, one each side of the enclosure, he'll anchor his web to them and in a week there will be web freakin everywhere. Of course if you don't there will still be web everywhere, it will just be over a flat pad of dirt and that's less fun.