Parents

charm271

Arachnosquire
Ok, I feel like an idiot for the position I am in but I got to deal with the situation I am in. After some messy affairs including divorce and losing my former palce of residience, I came to live with my parents after being moved out for over a decade. I was not willing to lose my exotic pets (several tarantulas, a few geckos, and a garter snake) so they were brought with me when I move in with my parents. My parents knew about the pets but they were kept out of view as my parents (epspecially my mother) does not care for exotic pets. Last week I accidently left one of the cages out in the open and my mother had a fit. She said the pets had to be gone by the end of the week, to which I did not respond very well to (it started a big arguement). Now, I feel like some stupid child not knowing how to smooth this over. About all that this situation has done was speed my wish to find my own place again. I do not really want to move my collection to a storage unit as the only heated storage facility is quite far away, but I will do what I must I guess. I just wish there was an easier route. I partly hoping if I ignore the problem it will go away but I am not sure that will work. Is there anyway you people know of help convince my parents to take a more balanced prespective when it comes to exotic pets.

dementedlullaby

Arachnobaron
Obviously you're an adult so no need for lectures about who's roof you're under.

Perhaps you have a friend that would look after them (or at least keep them in their basement and let you over to care for them) until you are able to re-locate yourself to a new apartment or whatever? It may not be the ideal situation either but sometimes pet stores will care for your pets for a fee. Also there are some reputable pet sitters around that do care for exotics. Sadly Manitoba is a bit far for me to recommend anyone in specific however.

Sorry to hear about your marital troubles and best of luck to you are your pets.

Edit : Another idea, maybe try the Canadian boards over here. Perhaps someone in Manitoba could help you out and take your pets in for a bit until you are re-settled. If I didn't live so far I'd offer to do it for you.

Last edited: