Yup, it's one of "Those" threads

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So I've got this empty enclosure just sitting around which would be perfect for an arboreal or semi-arboreal species. It's one that opens up from the top, so I don't think it's be very fit for an Avic (I always use side-opening enclosures for adult Avics). I'm looking to expand on my OW species, so if there is an OW arboreal that someone thinks would go good in this, that would be great. I'm thinking a Poec or something similar that builds its retreat from the ground up. The enclosure is around 14 inches tall and 12 inches wide, if that helps at all. I want something that attains a fairly large size, but is also attractive in color/pattern, but at the same time is normally out in the open. Of course, I may have to sacrifice one of those for another, but that's how it goes sometimes. Suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

hamhock 74

Arachnobaron
A violaceopes? Mine's usually hidden during the day but around evenings or after turning the lights off for a short period of time, its out and about. However, it could be just mine because the general conscience is L.violaceopes are pet holes.

bscheidt1020

Arachnoknight
Cyriopagopus sp. Sumatran Tiger or Lampropelma sp Borneo Black!!!!! Two fairly expensive and large OW arboreals that I will justify someday.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A violaceopes? Mine's usually hidden during the day but around evenings or after turning the lights off for a short period of time, its out and about. However, it could be just mine because the general conscience is L.violaceopes are pet holes.
That is probably the one thing that has put me off from getting one. I don't mind pet holes, but I need another good display species.

gobey

Arachnoknight
I just refused an H. Maculata sling freebie out of responsibility. (I'm just not ready) You could get 2 for 1 real cheap from this dealer! :D

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Eh I'd only want another H.mac if it was a guaranteed female. I'd hate to end up with another male.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

lacrosse5001

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Seeing a pic couldn't hurt. I'll have to second the suggestion of a pokie, as some make decent display spiders, like a big ol rufilata or ornata.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Already have enough. Not interested in any at the moment.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Actually I'm really thinking about getting one now. Unfortunately I may have to save up for a little while if I go with that one.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm going with P.metallica. Thanks everyone. Like I said ill have to wait a week or two probably to save up a bit, but fortunately it seems like these guys are almost always in constant supply.