Is it common for a 1cm sling to hide for almost a week after a molt?

GG80

Arachnoknight
I know it's common for older and larger Ts to remain hidden for a period of time after a molt but I thought that small slings would want to feed after a few days. My 1cm Lp molted between Wednsday and Friday last week, I can't tell the exact day but I found the molt at the entrance of the hide on Friday. Since then it hasn't come out and seems to be in the same position every time I look into the hide. It's not in death curl but as I have discovered by reading some recent threads they don't always die in a curl.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I know it's common for older and larger Ts to remain hidden for a period of time after a molt but I thought that small slings would want to feed after a few days. My 1cm Lp molted between Wednsday and Friday last week, I can't tell the exact day but I found the molt at the entrance of the hide on Friday. Since then it hasn't come out and seems to be in the same position every time I look into the hide. It's not in death curl but as I have discovered by reading some recent threads they don't always die in a curl.
YOUD BE SURPRIZED. my 1/2 inch [1.3cm] a.avic went into month long fast when i got it before finaly molting. and is still a picky eater. i thought the same thing. when it is hungry it will come out and eat

GG80

Arachnoknight
YOUD BE SURPRIZED. my 1/2 inch [1.3cm] a.avic went into month long fast when i got it before finaly molting. and is still a picky eater. i thought the same thing. when it is hungry it will come out and eat
Thanks pyro, I havn't been overly concerned yet but you know what it's like to worry about little things when you're new to the hobby.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Thanks pyro, I havn't been overly concerned yet but you know what it's like to worry about little things when you're new to the hobby.
Oh yea iv only had Ts about 6months.. and even 2yrs of studys didnt prepare me for being scared a T would starve xD

arach619

Arachnopeon
When they're that small it's not uncommon for T's to be out of plain sight in general. It took my LP a couple of instars before it felt comfortable enough to stay out in the open.

GG80

Arachnoknight
When they're that small it's not uncommon for T's to be out of plain sight in general. It took my LP a couple of instars before it felt comfortable enough to stay out in the open.
It had been out chilling since I got it 4 weeks before the molt and never used the hide. I was expecting to rarely see my 4 slings but they have all been out in the open, only my B. bohemi used a hide and that was only for the first 2 days.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I must be lucky my lp and ld only hid first day and durring molts iv had them sense 1/2 and are now pushing 2" always on display unless i spook them.. scared poor lil ld half to death grabed his cup to feed and boom a sneeze hit me with no warning.. poor little guy like firced himself in a hole he hadnt used sence 1" lol

GG80

Arachnoknight
So this morning the Lp was still nowhere to be seen but I noticed some substrate on the top of the hide which I know for definate wasn't there yesterday and he/she is facing outwards instead of inwards as had been the case. It appears the little guy/girl comes out for a wander at night. What a relief.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Lol soon enough you wont be able to even get him in a vial for pics/sexing ;p

GG80

Arachnoknight
Lol soon enough you wont be able to even get him in a vial for pics/sexing ;p
Ha!!

He's out now tucking away into a chunk of mealworm as I write this. Not much difference in size but definately bigger. It's amazing how much one could worry and care for such a little creature.