Wow nature! You're scary!

Kron

Arachnosquire
(wish I had filmed this) Using a pair of plastic tongs I held a cricket maybe an inch or 2 away from my Avicularia Avicularia (named Havoc) and upon a slight touch from it's antennae, Havoc jumped on to my tweezers and the cricket then leaped off again on to a nearby bit of wood carrying with it of course the cricket!
Havoc also seems to have a bottomless pit of a stomach as it's the 3rd cricket this week, each of which he devoured every mm of leaving not a single bit of husk. As I only recently got it from the pet shop I'm thinking that they may have been starving it a bit :/

(god dammit It's "damn nature!" not "wow nature!")

---------- Post added 07-29-2014 at 05:24 PM ----------

Anyway I was thinking it would be cool to have a place to share our best T experiences?

Last edited:

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well this isn't my best experience but it's my more interesting one, I had a 9 inch AF P.rufilata climb up the tweezers before. And because her enclosure is like 7 feet off the ground I didn't want to pull them away, so the then proceeded to climb up my arm, onto my back and sit there. So I just slowly lay on the ground and went on my phone until she slowly climbed off 30 minutes later. Didn't want to risk a bite.

Kron

Arachnosquire
XD I had a similar experience once but luckily I had someone else in the house to take it off me

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I had a friend (scorpdemon) over one time to see my AF P. irminia. She stayed inside a cork tube full time so on feeding days I would reach in, drop a cricket on top of the tube and she'd come get it when she felt like it. I held the cricket toward the cork tube, about to release it when I turned to say "watch this".when I looked at his face I knew something was wrong. I looked back at my hand and there was nothing there. She had run up the tube, jumped out, taken the cricket and disappeared back down the tube all before I had a chance to say anything! I was shocked. I never even felt it. Chris saw the whole thing but I completely missed it. I came away from that experience with a new understanding of the word 'teleport'. I also used tongs from then on

TarantulasWorld

Arachnosquire
Nature. Is. AWESOME! Glad to know that at least now this A.Avic will get fed right and a nice home on top of it too

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
iv had a similar experience as tck. except it wasnt mine XD about a month and a half ago i went to a fellow keeper around my area who keeps poec and other old worlds.. i only keep a few new worlds and was curious on feeding habbits.. as he grabs a feeder with his tongs and goes to drop it on the web. i put my hand on his shoulder so he knows i walked behind him.. within the blink of an eye she run up the tongs up his arm and sat on my hand.. i told him to stand still because we seen the blur and i realy didnt want bit LOL we sat there just kinda watching the tvs reflection on a cage for about 15- 20 mins.. at this time she climbed up to my neck. my buddy moved and grabbed some catch cups incase she jumped again. i rest both if my hands on her cage's "dam" we talked and chitchatted for about 20 MORE mins [which by now seemed like 5hrs] and she slowly climbed down my other arm and seen the pray and pounced...

this was the longest 30-40 mins of my life lmao granted it was an experience. one i dont exactly want to have again..i still go over and see the guy and the unnamed T has now been named after me and he calls her my girlfriend.. we hope to breed her [i say we very loosely] he jokes that she will slaughter the male because im her future baby daddy XD

he also has an A. Versicolor imature male who thinks im his bro.. every time i open his cage [GOD hes beautiful i want to spoil him lolol] he very offenly jumps on the palm of my hand and starts to groom lol but if i move he jumps onto the top of the enclosure... god i wish it was a female D': hes so funny. brilliant collors. sweetest little [well 4"] T iv ever come across lol and i want him but i dont have a female lined up like he does XD

RamRod

Arachnopeon
Had the same experience as pyro with my P. Smithi & Damn there Fast!!! Not my story though, of course the some of the worst decisions made are under the influence of alcohol like this one. I had a few drinks & was feeling a little ballzy so I decided, "Hey I'm gonna try to handle my Obt, never done it, why not give it a try". With my brother present all ready telling me he's not taking me to the hospital, I go ahead & poke at Tan Tu's (obt) burrow forcing him out. Surprisingly coming out as calm as a rosie with no threat posture only boosting my confidence more, I proceed to place my hand on the opposite side of Tan Tu's bark. My hand on one side & him on the other! I will admit at this point fear kicked in as my palms began to sweat I started second guessing my actions but do to my state of mind I proceeded to nudge him over the bark & with one touch from my tongs, he went from 0 to 1,000!!!! Leaping over the bark onto my sweaty hand, jumping off my hand, back over the bark, THEN BACK ONTO MY HAND, and into his burrow! Imagine my face just watching a dangerous orange flash bolting back & fourth onto my hand! Never again -_- . . . Well under the influence that is ^_^ lesson learned, don't drink & handle old world species!

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The only time I had a near escape with an OW species was with my first OBT while unpacking it. It ran out of its vial, up the wall of its new home, and onto my bed in the blink of an eye. Oh wait.. actually there was that incident with a now adult female regalis sling. This was my first OW species, and upon receiving it and opening up the vial, I assumed the sling was dead. Like an idiot, I decided to poke at it with a paintbrush, and before I knew what had happened the thing had teleported up my arm. Got her in her new home with no trouble afterwards, but its really a miracle I was never bitten back then. I've never had any close calls since then... except for a versicolor sling that likes to run in circles around my hand occasionally when I open the enclosure.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Had the same experience as pyro with my P. Smithi & Damn there Fast!!! Not my story though, of course the some of the worst decisions made are under the influence of alcohol like this one. I had a few drinks & was feeling a little ballzy so I decided, "Hey I'm gonna try to handle my Obt, never done it, why not give it a try". With my brother present all ready telling me he's not taking me to the hospital, I go ahead & poke at Tan Tu's (obt) burrow forcing him out. Surprisingly coming out as calm as a rosie with no threat posture only boosting my confidence more, I proceed to place my hand on the opposite side of Tan Tu's bark. My hand on one side & him on the other! I will admit at this point fear kicked in as my palms began to sweat I started second guessing my actions but do to my state of mind I proceeded to nudge him over the bark & with one touch from my tongs, he went from 0 to 1,000!!!! Leaping over the bark onto my sweaty hand, jumping off my hand, back over the bark, THEN BACK ONTO MY HAND, and into his burrow! Imagine my face just watching a dangerous orange flash bolting back & fourth onto my hand! Never again -_- . . . Well under the influence that is ^_^ lesson learned, don't drink & handle old world species!
drinking and handling any sp sounds bad imo ;) but there freaking teleporters.. befor seeing a poec i thought "suuure teleporting *wink* GOOOOOTCHAAAA" if id of never had this insodent.. i think id of made the nooby mistake and got a ow WAY to soon for my taste XD

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
my E.murinus is as close to teleporting as I am comfortable with xD. During the unboxing video I took out the plug and unravelled it with my standard bomb diffusing face until i saw neon green then I didn't I looked at my legs (on my knees for unboxing) and there was green and then there wasn't! after that I had no Idea were it was so me and my brother started glaring around the room when my brother pointed at the same green spot half way up the freckin wall! After we got him in his container We moved on to the three H.incei. I told my brother they could be quick so be careful but before I finished the sentence it was on his back. A.versicolor is always shooting out, bouncing around and just cruising along my bedroom like its his own big vial. I don't think he understands why his pet human has a bigger vial than he does :p

lacrosse5001

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Feeding my King Baboon reminds me of this every time. I feel like I'm in the movie Tremors or Jaws. I hold the superworm near the top of the hole with my tongs, and I can hear her scrabbling around underneath, but it always makes me jump when she materializes and rips the superworm out of the tongs, usually tearing it clean in two. She's real nightmare fuel when she wants to be.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Feeding my King Baboon reminds me of this every time. I feel like I'm in the movie Tremors or Jaws. I hold the superworm near the top of the hole with my tongs, and I can hear her scrabbling around underneath, but it always makes me jump when she materializes and rips the superworm out of the tongs, usually tearing it clean in two. She's real nightmare fuel when she wants to be.
So long as they dont turn into ***blasters we SHOULD be ok xD ik tht feeling with scorps tho xD

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Shriekers are the 2nd stage in the life cycle :p sorry my inner nerd was kicking in there.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
So long as they dont turn into ***blasters we SHOULD be ok xD ik tht feeling with scorps tho xD

***blaster 2000 is the name of one of my Vinegaroons, lovingly dubbed that by a biology teacher of mine in the eleventh grade.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
my husband has been talking alot about getting a obt.... I'm freaking out because I KNOW that neither of us are ready for any OWT let along an OBT. They're beautiful. But we're not ready. LOL

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
***blaster 2000 is the name of one of my Vinegaroons, lovingly dubbed that by a biology teacher of mine in the eleventh grade.
Lmao! And isnt 2000 when that one/the last one was made lol

Last edited:

lacrosse5001

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
2001 was the third movie. Well there was a fourth in 2004 but it wasn't very good. Milking the series like Walter Chang I guess.