Finally molting

lycerstiana

Arachnopeon
So I went with my mother shopping today and when I came in I looked in my G. rosea's cage to see one of its legs raised. I was shocked when I got to the cage to see it on its back molting! I can't believe it! I'm so excited. So now a question.

Besides no crickets in the cage and not flipping it over, is there anything I should do or shouldn't do? I'm curious as to it being my first molt. Thanks in advance.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There's absolutely nothing you should do besides leave it alone.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

lycerstiana

Arachnopeon
There's absolutely nothing you should do besides leave it alone.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
Thank you. I wanted to make sure. And before someone says read the t keepers guide, I'm in the process of getting it.

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
Thank you. I wanted to make sure. And before someone says read the t keepers guide, I'm in the process of getting it.
Awesome. You already know the basics, and now you know that there's not much else to it, for this particular event. It's super stressful knowing that your spider is doing something crazy, and there's nothing you can do to help. :)

I sometimes stand in the other room and quietly chant "you can do it! you can do it!" but that's more for me than for the spider. :)
Grats!

TarantulasWorld

Arachnosquire
Leave it alone, make sure it has enough water in its enclosure (if it does not, supply it once she/he is finished molting). Once she is done molting giver her anywhere from 7 to 9 days to harden. Try gently feeding her after if you see her not interested give her a couple more days. Do not leave any live prey in its enclosure for more then 24hrs. Other then that you should be good