Centipedes becoming more docile when living in a group?

Kron

Arachnosquire
OK so I'm considering getting a centipede and whilst doing research I came across this youtube video of a very docile looking centipede and the description seems to suggest that it was due to it living with 2 other centipedes (a male and a female). so can anyone confirm this or is this just bs, and if it is bs why is this centipede so chill?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADu0r5HQK0c&list=UUynpUxe9gdOsXAlnaQJIUeQ

---------- Post added 07-30-2014 at 04:15 AM ----------

Oh and try and ignore his remark about arachnoboards, makes it sound like a conspiracy or some crap XD

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I remember that guy, he jumped into pedes pretty fast and kind of did his own thing without listening to others much. I wouldn't have housed the pedes like he did but it seemed to work out for a while at least. My hunch is that it didn't work out in the end. If it didn't work out he might be too proud to say so but you might email him through youtube and ask. It's that it seems kind of strange that is the last vid he uploaded concerning the pedes, almost a year ago. If things went OK, there might have been babies or some other thing a person would have thought was interesting, like bigger pedes due to molting. But that's the last vid he made apparently. Maybe he just lost interest, who knows. They do slow down and are more tolerant as they get bigger, some act a little diff that others too. That one he was handling would be sexually mature but still had a lot of growing to do. They become sexually mature kind of young but still grow a lot after that.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
haha, yeah, I just get this hunch "something" like that happened. Like the pedes he had left killed each other or he was bitten like you said. It often takes a path from the norm to discover something new but I'm guessing it didn't work out here, unless he posts a new vid about it with more support with what he was doing.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
I vaguely remember him? The NY guy? To each their own, I suppose...mine are so "seek and destroy" that I wouldn't care to risk leaving them together unsupervised. It took a long time to get these and would be a shame not to get a sustainable number of them circulating before attempting the usually ill fated commune.