1/2 inch LP on the loose

ramsnew11

Arachnopeon
I recently got a 1/2 inch LP but unfortunately my little brother opened up the enclosure while I was in another room and now there is a LP on the loose I really dont want it to die any tips on finding it or something to help it live wherever it is

CitizenNumber9

Arachnobaron
Have you tried tying a pinhead cricket to a piece of thread and walking it around the house? Like a live action tarantula detector!

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
There so may threads like this the search function could help you find very easily, nonetheless look very thoroughly in the immediate area, from what I here they rarely leave the room. And the chances of you finding him dead are lower than finding a slightly bigger LP there tough cookies from what I hear.

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Good luck! That would be a tough spider to find.

katluc

Arachnopeon
I read a wonderful newspaper article about some people clearing their attic and finding a fully grown G. Rosea living happily up there. Maybe you'll find it in a year or two when it's a bit bigger.

skippydude

Arachnobaron
Be sure and tell everyone that enters your house about the loose T

I've had one T escape, a half inch C marshalli. The next day I came back from the grocery store to my daughter and her boyfriend. My kid says "I was sitting here and a spider walked onto my purse. (I have a spider no-kill policy, strongly enforced at my crib) So I did the right thing dad and put it out on the porch. Funny thing is it looked just like your tarantulas" :(

To this day I'm only 99% sure that was my escaped sling, but the sad thing is it was put outdoors in winter time and stood no chance for survival. After this incident the no-kill policy had an amendment. If I'm not home for an ID and your not 100% sure of the spiders species, grab a catch cup and save it for me.

The most important thing you should do is, until that T is located, inform family and friends of the loose T so they will have less of a chance of killing it or relocating it for you ;)

They rarely get found, best of luck to you

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
In his other post was the same day it was lost or next morning.. what odds

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
That is some luck. I would have written it off as house spider food. Congrats on finding it.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
I sometimes eat apples while plugging in my guitar. Makes me confused about cord, chord and cored :D
ok, this one got me snarfing my tea through my nose. At least it's not my husbands tee... bwuahahaha