Patience Canceled, Had To See If He Was Alive...

Medusa

Arachnoknight
So I've had this little H. mac sling for several months. Upon acquisition, he immediately dug a hole and disappeared...but there were signs he was in there: entrance hole, a shed outside of the hole a coule months ago, missing crickets, some webbing, etc. For the last several weeks these signs had all but disappeared. I couldn't take it any longer, had to know if he was still alive. I placed his enclosure inside a much larger one, and CAREFULLY and systematically went through the substrate with paintbrush and tweezers. I found him, and he is now rehoused as before. I didn't want to do this but I had been dropping in food and removing it regularly, nothing was being eaten. I know t's usually die out in the open. How long would you go without seeing any sign of life before you went exploring? (He looks good, not skinny nor does he appear to be in pre-molt.)

samatwwe

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would personally leave them be, although it is okay to check on them to be sure they are ok, as you did. They know when they need to come out for something and as you said, it looks healthy. Just keep with your normal routine and take out the crickets as needed. With my borrowers, i like to move the cricket around outside the burrow entrance and that's usually enough to entice even some picky eaters.