Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii, L3 -- Spiny flower mantis

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Okay guys, here's a long one ... so cute, just couldn't quit! :)

Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii, L3 but still tiny!

Thanks for looking! :biggrin:

Tenodera

Arachnobaron
I would frame some of these, definitely... How the mantis fades into the black background is awesome on 3, 8, and 10.

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful pics as always! Those little guys are crazy looking!
Thank you pannaking! :)

I would frame some of these, definitely... How the mantis fades into the black background is awesome on 3, 8, and 10.
Thanks a lot Tenodera! :D

These are magnificent mantids ... a lot like the beautiful Orchid mantis, but with attitude!

Incredible species and amazing pictures. Thank you :)
Thanks Cooper! :)

Amazing pictures, where did you get the mantis from?
Thank you Twentytwenty! Got them from Rebecca at http://mantidpets.com/shop/start . She's out of these now, but she has a larger stock than anybody else online and a very big pricelist ... the available species vary depending on which ooths she's hatched recently. I've also gotten a couple of ooths from her to hatch myself.

See these as adults at http://www.flickriver.com/photos/tags/pseudocreobotrawahlbergii/interesting/

Just edging these out as my faves is the Idolomantis diabolica, if you'd like to see them I have a couple of threads, [thread=265223]Idolomantis ... insane growth! Feeding-time series [/thread] and [thread=263165]New Idolomantis diabolica, L2[/thread] . Also look them up on Google images, they get enormous and have a wild threat pose! :biggrin:

I'm just getting into mantids, and they're fantastic to keep! Sadly only live for a year or so, but are very rewarding none-the-less.

BTW I'm processing right now some more mantis photos shot in natural light in the garden, if anyone's interested check back on this subforum tomorrow. :)