Time went by pretty quick.

Sasquatch

Arachnopeon
Got by Brachypelma Boehmei almost a year ago as a little sling and this is what its grown up to now. Its been a great learning experience and cant wait for it to be full grown! uploadfromtaptalk1406838989103.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406839008506.jpg

Tomoran

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, what a gorgeous guy/girl. :)

I get why some folks don't want to bother with the trouble of slings, but personally, I love watching them grow up. It's a rewarding experience for me. Wonderful pics!

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
I love watching them grow. Mind you I've only ever had one sling.. and it's still growing. Still, I'm definitely loving have a little one. :)

DVMT

Arachnosquire
I agree, it is rewarding watching them grow from slings. But those dang brachypelmas seem to take forever! lol. I have an albopilosum that in a year and a half has only molted 2x and has barely grown. It is still only about 1 1/4".

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

gobey

Arachnoknight
I agree, it is rewarding watching them grow from slings. But those dang brachypelmas seem to take forever! lol. I have an albopilosum that in a year and a half has only molted 2x and has barely grown. It is still only about 1 1/4".

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Yeah I just got 2 1/2" B. Albipilosums. My first slings. I really really wanted a curly hair and just didn't have the money or the room to be discussing on more adult spiders. Although there was a really cheap 2" one. But for the same price I now have 3 new baby tarantulas! So I satisfied my urge to get more Ts while saving money and space! I'm being responsible with my irresponsibility!

I've accumulated 7 tarantulas in 2 months. The dealer I got these from only assured me it won't stop. This is my first experience with slings, so that's new, and one is an OW that my buddy is teaching me to raise because he's hoping it's a male to breed with his other one. When I'm ready the spider is mine because I thought they were gorgeous. (H. Mac) and the price was too good to pass up. I originally turned it down as a freebie. That's how I ended up with 2 curly hairs. So he said he'd buy the togo for me essentially because he might profit from it and it would be good learning for me.

He owns an exotic animal shop anyways so he might have new stock out of it. Even though nobody buys anything but rose hairs. The OBT has been in his ship for a year+.

And I like the H. Mac and have researched how it teleports and how it's nasty potent. I still like the idea of making it my only OW T. But I've helped out as his shop a lot and done cage maintenance for that Orange devil. And I can see why nobody has bought him. So I'm wondering why he thinks he's going to sell more baboon tarantulas. Because I don't think OBT is pretty enough to tolerate his attitude. I only change his dish when he's good and hidden. Rearanging his hide was a pain. That was funny.

Anyways I'm rambling!
I'm so excited to watch my Ts grow with me and learn their personalities. Much as I'm impatient and impulsive. Hence 7 Ts in 2 months. But I'm trying to be reasonable. I have 4 larger ones. My Avic. and my Rosea are both adults. And I'm still seeing new quirks with them. The Avic still hasn't webbed. And the Rosea turned cranky mode on after I rehoused her too much.

And I adopted two 4" L.P.s who changed from curious explorers, to builders, to pet holes. And they're gonna grow and change in personality fast I know. So that's enough to deal with while raising babies.

And I'm sure I'll have 10 by Christmas.

Need me a B. Emilia and a G. Pulchripes. And one undecided. :)