How to cope with slings. Pure genius!

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Finally got old Molly the L Hesperus preggo and you are faced with diapering and sexing 850 little tots as they scamper all over the room? Well your problems are over!

A friend makes wine. To be precise he makes wine from the local berries. To be even more precise, he has his two young daughters go out and pick the berries and the label on his wine bottles proudly informs, 'Hand Picked by Virgins'.

Where was I? Oh yes. One of his airlocks, those goodies that let the juice fart but keep the nartsies out was worn out and leaked a little. Note those airlocks are cheap and many come with an assortment of adapters to fit many sizes of bottles. At my suggestion he found a new use for it.

Anyway. Screw up the seal a little more on the lock, connect a short clear plastic tube to it and a small bottle to the tube and plorp the thing on top of that old Latro tank. Out squirt the tykes for you to relocate at your leisure without webbing your house fit for a Danse Macabre number. Tada!

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Is the wine for the owner or the mother Latro? Based on the need for a drink with one child, I am asssuming a parent to nigh on a thousand makes one thirst for the vineyard...

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Lol, I just take the whole enclosure outside and tickle the slings I intend to keep :laughing:

Funny how I released over 500 little hesperus slings, and I have yet to see a single specimen :( I guess the baby geos and other micropredators got em all