Aphonopelma egg sac question

Germx

Arachnopeon
I have a (suspect) A hentzi rescue that blessed me with an egg sac last night/yesterday. The problem and question I have is that the sac doesn't look right to me. It's not rounded and has more of an oval shape to it. It also appears that it's stuck to a ball of substrate on the bottom of the sac. Does the sac look abnormal? Will the sub stuck to it's underside hurt the sac? She is on sphagnum moss so she could burrow. It was kept dry until today when I overflowed the dish and did some misting and covered 3/4 in plastic. Here is a pic of the sac and her enclosure.
image(2).jpg

image(3).jpg

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
From what I can see it looks normal. They aren't always perfectly round, and they do get substrate stuck to them. Just make sure when you pour water in, you don't pour it where it will run into her burrow. You don't want the sac to get wet. You have nice deep substrate in there; I like that. Good luck with the sac.

Germx

Arachnopeon
Maybe I'm worrying too much haha. It's just that the ball of sub that it's stuck to it bigger than the sac lol. She is my first wild caught T in about 10 years (saved from an unjust attempt at being squished) and I've never taken care of a sac before so I'm a little nervous. Thank goodness for TKG! I'm also a fan of deep substrate :)

Zigana

Arachnosquire
Glad you saved the A. hentzi and what a nice surprise to see an egg sac in her burrow. I'm also a fan of deep substrate. Have fun and enjoy!

skippydude

Arachnobaron
You might want to keep it dry in there. Not sure why you suddenly feel the need to over fill water dishes, Increase misting and block the fresh air exchange :? All three of these things will cause a mold out break and kill your eggs. Most breeders remove the water dish to avoid the sac being dunked by mom. I can't stress enough that "Extra misting and restricting air flow = MOLD"

Don't over think it, continue with regular care and consider removing the water dish.

tonypace2009

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My hentzi eggsac ended up with over 500 plus spiderlings it was a huge sac. My eggsac stayed with mother from 6/28/2012 to 8/21/2012 I pulled eggsac and placed eggs in incubator . Congrdulations

Germx

Arachnopeon
I would hardly say "suddenly feel the need" that implies that it was an impulse move without thought or reason. I've been keeping T's for quite a while with my main source of reference being TKG. So far the advice has helped me keep healthy T's of all ages. I'm simply following What Stan recommends for leaving a sack with the mother.

Tony thanks! Im hoping everything goes well. The waiting game is what I don't like lol.

Germx

Arachnopeon
I found her in north Texas on a disc golf course. It's one of the areas I go to observe Wild T's. She was out of her burrow for some reason during the day and some younger kids were messing with her. I scooped her up cause they were talking about squishing her. She's been the only one I have caught out the wild since I was a teenager, though I did have a pet store Rosie that they claimed was captive bred but I have my doubts.

tonypace2009

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had my female in large kriter keeper and knew several hundred 2 nd instars would be a nightmare to round up. Even when they reach second instar they are tiny. Waiting is hard this species is the definition of waiting they take forever to grow