A. hentzi- random pile of eggs?

ivennelluin

Arachnopeon
My female Texas Brown (A. hentzi) has laid what looks like a pile of loose eggs in her terrarium (pic at the bottom of the post). I've had her since last September and she's had no exposure to a male since I've had her. It is possible she was wild-caught. A colleague of mine bought her through Carolina Biological Supply and they didn't give any indication of their source (that I know of).
She is doing something in her burrow at the moment. I can see her moving around, but the opening is rather small and it's hard to get enough light in there to see what's going on. It is possible that she is forming a proper egg sac in there.

Anyway, since I am a complete newbie, I have a series of questions:
a: Are those actually loose eggs, or something else?
b: Is it likely that a female caught last August (at the latest) would lay fertile eggs nearly a year later?
c: Why might a female lay loose eggs, as opposed to an egg sac?
d: What should I do (if anything)?

IMG_20140801_104747_325[1].jpg

ivennelluin

Arachnopeon
Update: She did actually make a sac. It was underneath some substrate on the opposite end of her enclosure, so I didn't notice it initially

skippydude

Arachnobaron
The loose eggs probably don't stand a chance for survival, but the sac could very well be viable. Female Tarantulas hold semen in their spermathecae until their next molt, so if she hasn't molted in your care, there is a good chance the eggs are fertile.

ivennelluin

Arachnopeon
She molted last October, so the eggs aren't viable (I was just talking with a colleague about that). The sac is completely broken open. It looks like the loose eggs are from her dragging the ruptured egg sac across the enclosure.
It's still a little strange that she produced an egg sac for no apparent reason. That's a lot of energy to waste!

skippydude

Arachnobaron
Bummer :(
Hopefully you can get her a man T after her next molt, because she obviously wants to be a mommy