what size enclosure.

danoughton

Arachnopeon
Ive now been given permission to get some more T's.

Im thinking of getting A.versicolor. I have a 30x30 exo terra do you think this would be tall enough?

A different question off topic from the first.

As i can now expand on my collection what other Ts would you suggest for a noob. A definate will be G.pulchripes.
I currently have a sub adult G.pulchra and a B.albopilosum.

Cheers

MatthewM1

Arachnoknight
C. fasciatum would be another good one to look into. They can be pretty quick/ skittish. But they have amazing colors, great appetites and do a good amount of webbing.

I think opinions on the enclosure for the versi will vary. But imo it will be fine, there's no real minimum height, just make sure there are a good amount of plants, bark and what not for it to anchor webbing onto in the upper reaches of the enclosure.

skippydude

Arachnobaron
I use the Exo Terra 20x20x30 nano for my avics. Your 30x30 will be fine, even better if it opens from the front, instead of the top.

Your collection could use a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens and a Brachypelma smithi and an Acanthoscurria genicuata and a.......and a..........and a.............:D

Rayenicole

Arachnopeon
I'd have to recommend Acanthoscurria geniculata. One of the most attractive NW terrestrial species in my opinion and they grow quickly, get large, have a great feeding response, and are easy to care for.

gobey

Arachnoknight
Lasiodora Parahybana! It gets even BIGGER than the A. Genic. :3

I like the idea of big tarantulas lol.

I really can't recommend actually. I'm very new and my collection is too. I have 2 L.P.s because I indeed liked the idea of a big tarantula that could be displayed and I find feed often and feed a lot at once.

My 2 L.P.s are 4" and are actually both pet holes rarely leaving their hides and burrows that don't eat much. Lol

cold blood

Staff member
LP only gets slightly bigger, but A. geniculata is thicker (probably heavier overall), and much, much nicer looking....grows just as fast and is just as voracious of an eater and its extra cost is minimal...currently there are A. genics on sale in the classifieds for $8...no brainer, get an A. genic.

One of the colorful Brachy's would make a nice addition...smithi, emelia, boehmi...maybe albiceps.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Agree with cold id def buy more genics if i found out some of my Ts are males.. my genic is a doll i was giving her new decor yesterday and was grabbing the old leaves off ground n she grabs it like "uhm no, thats mine.. then i stuck in bigger leafs and shes like "ooo new toys?" Lol and soon aftrt destroyed a male dubia (which makes her abd so big but she bounces back quick) tho my lp and ld was snagged at 1/2 when she was 2.5-3" they are uo to 1.75 shes at 3-3.25 but shes such a better eater and much more pretty imho