Size of cage?

Spidergurl24

Arachnopeon
I have a 1-11/2 inch fireleg sling. I have it in a 4 inch deli cup . Is that too big not big enough? I usually get adults so slings aren't really that common with me.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Well some would say its too big. I personally says it depends on the T.. by fireleg ima guess your refering to boehmei(scientific names help at times :p ). I personally have a B. Boehmei. but When i got him he was about 1/2" i kept him in a 2 cup container that was about 2in diameter. He/she did fine catching food granted i didnt use live at the time. Id crush a roach head and set it by his borrow or an inch away to make him work for it.. now he is about 1.25-1.5 and is in a 4*6*4 (aprox i dont remember) container and does fine. Sits out in the open has a water dish and foliage to climb on and almost never digs now. Personally i say your fine so long as he can dig

When mine was youngee he dug strait down the premaid hole and hollowed out the bottom half of the cup.. now hes happy and out in the open (stil can dig) so long as its eating has dry sub and can burrow if it wouls like (3in plus sub depth is least it should have at that size imo) your golden

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have a 1-11/2 inch fireleg sling. I have it in a 4 inch deli cup . Is that too big not big enough? I usually get adults so slings aren't really that common with me.
I don't believe you have provided enough info. 4" is one measurement. I'm PRETTY SURE the deli cup exists in at least 2 other dimensions haha. Also, looks like you have a typo on the size of your T, so don't know the size either.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I'm assuming 4" across, probably a 16 oz cup. If so, that's a good size. Give it an inch of substrate, a piece of cork to hide under, and a small water bowl.

Spidergurl24

Arachnopeon
Well size of his/ her container might not matter any more. I went to put some water in and he ran out and fell about 4 feet. His whitish clear blood is oozing out of his abdomen, but seems to have slowed or maybe stopped. It's not moving and just twitches it's legs. It's been about 20 minutes. I'm just waiting now.:cry:

---------- Post added 08-05-2014 at 11:24 AM ----------

Pyro fiend thanks anyway for the info.

cold blood

Staff member
Well size of his/ her container might not matter any more. I went to put some water in and he ran out and fell about 4 feet. His whitish clear blood is oozing out of his abdomen, but seems to have slowed or maybe stopped. It's not moving and just twitches it's legs. It's been about 20 minutes. I'm just waiting now.:cry:

---------- Post added 08-05-2014 at 11:24 AM ----------

Pyro fiend thanks anyway for the info.
Ouch! In the future I can help prevent that from ever occurring like that again. Get a syringe (got mine from a vet), with this you can go through the vent holes (or thin plastic) and fill the dish without ever opening the lid. Its so subtle most of my t's attack the stream of water at least occasionally, even really skittish ones. Its a very effective and non-invasive way to take care of a regular piece of maintenance without ever opening the lid or bothering your animal. Its so precise you can fill a dish (or wet a specific area of the sub or web) from nearly any angle. Also precise enough to place single drops on the side of the enclosure.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Oh no xc this is part of y all maintanance is done in a bigger tote in my room xs hope he pulls thru