Euathlus sp Red Owners- Red color change?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have a young Euathlus sp Red. It can sit on my thumbnail. It molted a few weeks ago, it's finally just showing some color, dorsally on the abdomen. However, the color is not a bright cherry red. It's more of the burnt orange that one sees on E. sp Yellow. My sp Yellow showed adult colors once it reached a similar molt size.

SO, my question is do E sp Red's grow into their red color? I've only raised Yellows before.

TCVulpes

Arachnopeon
Well, I only have the one adult but she was sold as a red however she's orange, not cherry red.

mothore

Arachnopeon
I noticed, with the Euathlus, that the abdomen is has those red hairs. But as mine are in pre-molt the hairs seem more like burnt-orange.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a young Euathlus sp Red. It can sit on my thumbnail. It molted a few weeks ago, it's finally just showing some color, dorsally on the abdomen. However, the color is not a bright cherry red. It's more of the burnt orange that one sees on E. sp Yellow. My sp Yellow showed adult colors once it reached a similar molt size.

SO, my question is do E sp Red's grow into their red color? I've only raised Yellows before.
I have sub adult female red and although they are described as a red the colour is more of a deep orange fading to light orange almost yellow. I don't think they truly hit cherry Red it just looks like it from a distance or at a glance or at least thats the way it is with mine, another thought is that because the red is darker in general colouration it gives the impression that its cherry Red on pictures. All this is just based around the 1 I own and maybe others will disagree

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
i personally do not have this species. but a buddy does. he has 2 females and both are as you discribed a burnt orange almost a dark pumpkin color [paint color not the gourd] i think its just the flash of a camera that might make it bing cherry red color. tho i never realy see his sp red nor yellow in natural light maybe thats what brings out the red? o.0

arach619

Arachnopeon
This is what was sold to me as a Euathlus sp. "Red flame", but it is definitely that burnt-orange everyone is mentioning. I also have a .25 in. sling that I received last Dec that apparently is of the same species and am wondering when it'll get its colors as well.

Attachments

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is what was sold to me as a Euathlus sp. "Red flame", but it is definitely that burnt-orange everyone is mentioning. I also have a .25 in. sling that I received last Dec that apparently is of the same species and am wondering when it'll get its colors as well.
How big is this t?

This is my Euathlus sp red she's currently in pre moult so she's a little dull at the moment

Attachments

Last edited:

Yentlequible

Arachnoknight
My Euthlus sp. red has very nice color. Not orange like the rest of you are describing. It's a clear red.

Medusa

Arachnoknight
My E. "Chilean Flame" (another word for "red"?) just molted on Sunday. She's about 2.5" and her new color is a reddish orange, not true red. I also have a 2" E. "Yellow" that's a washed out pale orange.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks people. My Yellows match the color I see above!

Time will tell. My red is this burnt orange at the moment as most have pictured above. I doubt it will be red. My yellows had the same colors they have as adults as when they first developed. I'll be ticked if my red isn't cherry red.

As this species is not described, I wonder if red and yellow are the same species or locality differences. I wonder if these burnt orange ones are the same as reds but locality differences too

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Mine kinda did. They were simply greyish/browish and gained adult coloration around 8th instar and ~1" size.