Wow, my L. parahybana's 1st moult with me.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
I know they grow quickly but I wasn't really expecting such a difference overnight.

Last pic I took of it 2 weeks ago

And todays pic

Rayenicole

Arachnopeon
My two LPs went from 1/2" (1.27 CM) to 4.25" (10.79 CM) in about ten months! I really like those enclosures you're using.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Thanks, I was delighted with them but they'll soon be outgrown at this rate. I bought them from http://bugzarre.co.uk/epages/950002515.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002515/Categories who will ship worldwide
are the shipping rates expensive to the states?

---------- Post added 08-04-2014 at 02:07 PM ----------

Did you notice a baby cricket got loose? lol

I can't wait until my five LP slings get to juvenile/adult hood I hope I have mostly or all females that would be great.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
are the shipping rates expensive to the states?

---------- Post added 08-04-2014 at 02:07 PM ----------

Did you notice a baby cricket got loose? lol

I can't wait until my five LP slings get to juvenile/adult hood I hope I have mostly or all females that would be great.

I have no idea what US shipping would be, it may be worth contacting them.

My fault the cricket was loose, I'm always losing odd ones at feeding time but at least they're inside the ExoTerra that I keep the tubs in so I can catch them later. The cats eat any that do escape lol.

titanT

Arachnosquire
Like your setup, mine grew like a weed, like reyenicoles, just abit faster from 4mm to to the same size since mid-october, but mine is a male most likely... did you catch that lose cricket...lol got molt dates and pics of instars but it would be pointless, yours looks like a good 3 inches, have you measured the legspan?

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
they look as though they are growing quite well, congrats on that, I think they are one of the most rewarding species, as they are great eaters and and have a lot of personality as far as tarantulas go

Enn49

Arachnosquire
Like your setup, mine grew like a weed, like reyenicoles, just abit faster from 4mm to to the same size since mid-october, but mine is a male most likely... did you catch that lose cricket...lol got molt dates and pics of instars but it would be pointless, yours looks like a good 3 inches, have you measured the legspan?
This one was a fraction over 1" but not measured it since moult. The bowl is 1.25" if that helps.

aluras:- I'm banking on them being interesting. This one is out everyday and gradually getting less jumpy. The other has not been seen since they arrived although it is eating and burrowing like mad.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
I have no idea what US shipping would be, it may be worth contacting them.

My fault the cricket was loose, I'm always losing odd ones at feeding time but at least they're inside the ExoTerra that I keep the tubs in so I can catch them later. The cats eat any that do escape lol.
lol cool I keep my Ts outside so the baby escapees rarely get caught lol

titanT

Arachnosquire
This one was a fraction over 1" but not measured it since moult. The bowl is 1.25" if that helps.

aluras:- I'm banking on them being interesting. This one is out everyday and gradually getting less jumpy. The other has not been seen since they arrived although it is eating and burrowing like mad.
looked bigger, lol at that size mine got about half a size bigger. But thats just going by the pics i took, never really measured leg span.

titanT

Arachnosquire
I Just get molt dates, and a picture of each instar instead, but roughly measured instar 10 over 4 inches when he was up against the glass for ventrally sexing, did you get told the instar when you got it?

Attachments

Enn49

Arachnosquire
I Just get molt dates, and a picture of each instar instead, but roughly measured instar 10 over 4 inches when he was up against the glass for ventrally sexing, did you get told the instar when you got it?
No, I don't know the instar sadly although I may email the lady I got them from and see if she knows.

titanT

Arachnosquire
Yeah, defientlly a good idea, nice to keep records. Ha. On that first pic it looks bold as hell, forgot about mine being like that, it feels like so long ago now! and on the second pic its starting to look like an LP, lol. Nice, black and hairy! looks broader than mine did, have you tried sexing the molt yet? maybe you've got a female.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
it is pretty sad to see how fast they grow :( my lp and ld i got at 1/3-1/2 and are now pushing 2" it seems like it was last week i had to force them out of the shipping straws o.0

Enn49

Arachnosquire
Yeah, defientlly a good idea, nice to keep records. Ha. On that first pic it looks bold as hell, forgot about mine being like that, it feels like so long ago now! and on the second pic its starting to look like an LP, lol. Nice, black and hairy! looks broader than mine did, have you tried sexing the molt yet? maybe you've got a female.
That one is getting bolder especially when it's feed time,. I fed them all tonight and it was straight out and scoffed the lot. The other one is very shy still but eats well at night when there's no one to see.

I keep a record of their moults anyway but I've not heard back from the seller about instars for them.

laurenkane

Arachnosquire
Just like mine who molted yesterday! Literally the same transformation too! Congrats :D

Enn49

Arachnosquire
Just like mine who molted yesterday! Literally the same transformation too! Congrats :D
Congrats to you too.

A lot of activity overnight in the tub of my other LP. This one was the smaller of the 2 and hid away from the start. It had pulled the plant right across the opening to its hide and I've not seen it since but during the night the plant has been moved away and the hide entrance dug out then lo and behold I found a moult. Still not seen it yet lol.

titanT

Arachnosquire
Congrats to you too.

A lot of activity overnight in the tub of my other LP. This one was the smaller of the 2 and hid away from the start. It had pulled the plant right across the opening to its hide and I've not seen it since but during the night the plant has been moved away and the hide entrance dug out then lo and behold I found a moult. Still not seen it yet lol.
yeah, mines the same, they love bulldozing there whole enclosure, mines chilled abit since ive got him in his new 40-50 gallon tank, wont be long before he starts again..lol though he did dig a hole last night were he likes sitting.......or maybe hes digging out the plant next to it..ha, If yours is around 2 inch this pic is probably close to what it was before it molted, around 1½, you just need to buy a 30x microscope to sex it now...haha..

Attachments

titanT

Arachnosquire
Just noticed your from yorkshire, im near hull, east yorkshire..in a little village...cool, could of done a trade if mine wasn't so old and yours was female.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
Just noticed your from yorkshire, im near hull, east yorkshire..in a little village...cool, could of done a trade if mine wasn't so old and yours was female.
I'm just on the Hull side of York.

It's only about 1.5" now. I might wait until it's a bit bigger to try sexing lol.