Anyone keep Dynastinae?

Fishcrunch

Arachnosquire
So I just got back from Costa Rica a few days ago, and one of my fellow students was really adamant about finding any Dynastes or anything else with comparable size. So I became interested, and started to accompany him on his search for such beetles. I'd have to say that these are the most impressive invertebrates I came across while staying in the Country, so I decided to look into keeping them. Only problem is, I can't seem to find too many people in the states with experience working with these guys. So I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience rearing these robust scarabs? Oh, guess i'll give you a little teaser of what we saw there! 20140728_092200[1].jpg

Bill Myers

Arachnopeon
I've got lots of experience rearing Dynastes tityus and granti. If you have any questions, just ask me.

Cheers

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If I remember correctly, all species of non-native beetles are illegal here in the US of A. That's the reason Dynastes tityus and granti are so popular here... they're the only ones you can get.

Bill Myers

Arachnopeon
It's illegal to import them without a permit. However, non-native species which are already here fall into a gray area... Hence, you will, on occasion, see some non-native beetles for sale and/or trade in the U.S.