Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Idolomantis diabolica, 3.5-inch L5

First wild-caught fly

Last edited:

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer
Just received one of these myself, definitely one of the more unusual looking mantises around!

I can't get over looking at your photos! these ones in particular give me such a relaxed feeling when I look at them; probably has to do with the garden setting. Do you publish your photography in a magazine? they look like something you'd see in a National Geographic Mag.

BTW can I use the 5th pic as a wallpaper? lol

-JohnD.

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great pictures, it looks so alien and graceful.
Thanks again Twentytwenty! :)

Just received one of these myself, definitely one of the more unusual looking mantises around!

I can't get over looking at your photos! these ones in particular give me such a relaxed feeling when I look at them; probably has to do with the garden setting. Do you publish your photography in a magazine? they look like something you'd see in a National Geographic Mag.

BTW can I use the 5th pic as a wallpaper? lol

-JohnD.
Thanks a lot John! :)

This was my first macro photo shoot ever outside of the highly controlled environment of the studio ... I absolutely love the natural light but any breeze is a huge problem! I filled a 32GB card with shots and only ended up with about 50 photos which weren't blurred by the wind. I even tried turning on my lens' image stabilization for the first time, unsurprisingly not any help. lol

I haven't ever had my images published but I have had several photo books of my Ts done, so beautifully made by Adoramapix. Rather expensive but the pages are actual prints on photo paper, not inkjet or offset printed, and each 2-page spread lies flat so that it can contain a single image and still look good ... also a quality printed photo is about three times as sharp as a PC monitor is capable of displaying. I highly recommend them!

Feel free to download any photos you like! :D

Last edited: