Any other hermit crab keepers?

Tarantula24

Arachnopeon
Hi,

I was curious to see if anyone else on here keeps hermit crabs. If so, what species do you keep?

So far I have: Coenobita clypeatus, C. compressus, and C. perlatus. Im also looking at getting some C. brevimanus pink color form soon.

Tenodera

Arachnobaron
Yesyesyes!
I have four C. clypeatus. They are my children. I tend to get excited whenever anyone brings up crustaceans.

Tarantula24

Arachnopeon
Yesyesyes!
I have four C. clypeatus. They are my children. I tend to get excited whenever anyone brings up crustaceans.
Haha same here. I went to Florida last year and saw C. clypeatus in the wild. It was so cool!

Tenodera

Arachnobaron
That is cool, not something many people get to do!

I've been watching mine interact with each other over a chicken bone all today and they impress me, in different ways than insects and arachnids do. These things just seem so smart and, to stretch a word, spirited.

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have in the past and would like to again. I currently keep various species of isopods, so Iwould love to try ng them with hermit crabs as a cleanup crew.

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As a kid I had one named Fuzzy Lumpkins. For my birthday I asked for carrot cake so Fuzzy could have some.

I just got back from a trip to the beach and saw hundreds of P. samuelis in tidepools, along with lots of much smaller black and white hermit crabs (immatures maybe?)

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
I have a couple of huge C.brevimanus. bigger than my closed fist. One is a reddish variant while the other is a purplish-gray variety.