Best sites for feeder food?

remainpositive

Arachnosquire
Anyone have any recommendations for sites with great dry "roach chow"? I'm experimenting which my colony prefers.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
why not just make your own from scratch? It's pretty easy and cheap. Alot of people use chicken feed as their base ingredient, and they mix in fish flakes, etc. Of course you'll still need to provide them with veggies and fruit for optimal health..

June Jupiter

Arachnosquire
I just ordered some but will be making my own chow in the future.(I should've made it this go round). I will promote the food if it's what it should be.

Alejandro45

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I heard good things from Rephasy...but have never used it.

I have used dogfood, koi pellets, hog mash....it has not really made a difference for any of my insects. Now keeping clean fresh water in their cages available at all times I would pay good money for that.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
i think sites for the food is overrated [crystals on other hand is underrated] iv tried a few dif ones and used in small tubs to see if it made them breed more, eat it faster/less etc all went the same rate and that was with a 1.5 ratio in bins. i tried it with 3 dif site foods, 2 dif dog foods, a hog chow and a cat food as food with fresh veg always offered same times. i seen no difference besides cat food they seemed to like it more but all cat food is high sugars so not exactly fair..

i personally use a dog or hog chow depends whats cheeper that week as my rats are wat its used for. but that food is what they get to munch on at times. they get fed too many veg to make a difference they may go thru a cup of hog chow in a 2-3week period depends on temps [been about 90s around here lately so lil more on the 2weeks side it seems] nothing like a half pound of leafy greens and 1/4 lb of bananas or citrus ev 2-3 days to make a happy roach tho XD

Last edited:

Mike41793

Arachnoknight
Contact Rich at Creature Addiction. Makes great chow and will ship it right to you! :)