Only if you like jumping spiders

Salticstance

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
DSCN7324.JPG

After many years of wanting to have a site dedicated to jumping spiders, I finally decided to spend some money in June of 2013. I had no idea how much work was ahead of me. Over the next 9 months I worked on the site when I had a chance to do so. I finally finished it enough to publish Phids.net in February of this year.

The only species that I had available was Phidippus regius. The females were the orange form. I had other species and color forms, but the spiderlings were too small to offer for sale. Also, the site had only five pages. Well, now there are two color forms of P. regius females and a total of five species available. I've also added pages to include caring for your Phidippus, interesting links related to jumping spiders, and the Phidippus journal, which is a blog page. The intent isn't to just have a jumping spider store, but to create a place where people can learn about them as well.

This site will continue to be a work in progress. I'll add a few more species by the end of the year. I'll probably have a maximum of ten species by the middle of next year. For anyone interested in jumping spiders, you may find the blog page and the facebook page interesting. I have a lot of fun with it. If anyone has good jumping spider pictures that you took, I'll be happy to share them on the facebook page.

WeeHector

Arachnopeon
I only discovered the little creatures a few months ago but I have totally fallen in love with them. I'd be more than happy to send you any photos I take.

Mariner1

Arachnosquire
Your spiders are awesome. The female grey and tan I bought has already molted and is fun to watch eat fruit flies. I might have to get one of each species from you.

Dizzle

Arachnoknight
Great site! Jumping spiders are really cool, I've managed to get a friend super-interested in them as well. Truly fascinating arachnids.

RzezniksRunAway

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Love your site, and the photos popping up in my FB feed. Is there anyone out there that doesn't like jumpers? If they don't, I don't trust them... no one can resist the fuzzy cuteness.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Your site is wonderful. I think it's one of the best sites I've seen in a while for spiders. I LOVE the pictures, jumpers are the coolest, and so CUTE! I may have to rethink getting true spiders.

Micrathena

Arachnoknight
I am actually surprised that there aren't more people selling jumpers, they're just so awesome!

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I am actually surprised that there aren't more people selling jumpers, they're just so awesome!
Too much class for the untrained limited mind to take in. As a person (whom I suspect thought the poster of dogs playing pool is the ritzy wall decoration) once remarked upon viewing a Monet, 'All I see are globs of paint' or another similar of mentality species upon getting a close look at Rodin's The Thinker and remarking 'It's all rough and unfinished and ugly'.

Micrathena

Arachnoknight
Too much class for the untrained limited mind to take in. As a person (whom I suspect thought the poster of dogs playing pool is the ritzy wall decoration) once remarked upon viewing a Monet, 'All I see are globs of paint' or another similar of mentality species upon getting a close look at Rodin's The Thinker and remarking 'It's all rough and unfinished and ugly'.
Or maybe people focus more on the big, "cool" spiders and ignore the smaller ones. Though some species, especially Phidippus, can get pretty big.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Well, grab your seat and hang on tight for another. Sitting on someones porch on the 8th floor of a condo I was entertained by a jumper. Very sociable one that liked cruising my hands. The owner of that condo came out and informed me it wasn't a spider. Paraphrased, 'Spiders live in webs and are creepy crawly and like dark places.'
This woman is a retired skool teecher.

Micrathena

Arachnoknight
Well, grab your seat and hang on tight for another. Sitting on someones porch on the 8th floor of a condo I was entertained by a jumper. Very sociable one that liked cruising my hands. The owner of that condo came out and informed me it wasn't a spider. Paraphrased, 'Spiders live in webs and are creepy crawly and like dark places.'
This woman is a retired skool teecher.
Of course it's not a spider, just a furry wingless beetle with extra legs. Duh.

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
Of course it's not a spider, just a furry wingless beetle with extra legs. Duh.
Oh, those aren't extra legs at all! They are extra arms! While you sleep they punch their poisonous fangs into your eye! Your EYE!

So yeah, not a spider. Or I'da killed it for you by now.

flamingpie

Arachnopeon
Oh man, this website is amazing! We do have phiddipus species in my area, but thus far I haven't been lucky enough to find one since I found my interest in jumpers, so I will definitely be considering you if I keep on failing. xD