L.Parahybana Feeding

NihilistHeart

Arachnopeon
Hello, I am currently the owner of a very young LP, who at the time of acquirement, was in it's second instar. Right now, since he's so small, I've been feeding him dead crickets for him to scavenge, but I don't know when I should start feeding him live prey (he molted once so far, so I figured after another molt or two, I could try feeding him small pinheads).

Any suggestions? Thanks.

skippydude

Arachnobaron
LPs are pretty voracious eaters, it would probably eat live now, provided that the prey was the proper size, like pin heads or fruit flies.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
My 2 were around 1 inch when they came 6 weeks ago and I fed them live from the start. They've both devoured everything by next day.

Sam_Peanuts

Arachnobaron
To make it easier for slings when I'm worried I might be feeding them too large a prey and they might get hurt, I simply remove the legs from the crickets. That way, they can't move much so they won't hurt the T and it can easily eat something as big as her.

And for really small slings, I use the 2 bigger leg I remove and feed them that so they won't leave a half eaten dead criket laying around and I don't have to buy pinheads or small crickets, I can use medium/big ones for everything.