WC A mojave MF

telepatella

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So, last August I caught this little girl in the Mojave desert. She's done well in my care - I am very glad about that! She molted a few days ago to this beautiful deep black color. As you can see, she has regenerated a lost leg - that is the first molt since the loss of it. She is an adult Female. IMG_1509.jpg IMG_1499.jpg IMG_1500.jpg
I don't know a lot about the life habits of this species but from my experience, they act like most tarantulas as far as eating and digging and such. I've never seen a freshly molted dwarf Apho but this looks just like my A. reversum - only 1/5 the size. I am interested to see if it molts again next August. One more thing, the spider did not increase in size.

Last edited:

tonypace2009

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is a neat little spider. I wonder how small the slings would be?

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
She's so cute! I've wanted a dwarf Aphono for a while, but I've never had much luck in actually locating them.

telepatella

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes, it takes a special obsession:) I have spent a lot of time in the deserts looking for T's. I have a good time while I'm looking. We usually make a weekend out of it.

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She's gorgeous (and adorable)! With that size and black urticating hair patch she looks like a sling.

I drove through the Mojave recently, I was wondering what kinds of bugs were out there and wishing I could go T hunting.

NewAgePrimal

Arachnosquire
That's a pretty little girl you got there. Best of luck finding her a mate. Looking forward to seeing their offspring in the classified section.