Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii L3 - video

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii, L3
With the tail held up, the BL is about a cm.

[video=youtube;Em_rLcQpOCw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em_rLcQpOCw[/video]

Last edited:

Micrathena

Arachnoknight
Well, that does it. I'm changing my computer background.
...The Idolomantis diabolica was getting a bit old anyway.

McGuiverstein

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Absolutely love this species.... They're always moving, but they're so tiny that sometimes it's difficult to see what they're doing. But thanks to this incredible video, now I know. Keep these pictures and videos coming! If I had the money, I'd totally send you mantises each time I got a new species just so you could take pictures and video. Amazing work....

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very cool! What's care like on these guys?
Thanks pannaking! All of the mantids I've kept so far have been super easy, only problem I'm had is losing two to cannibalism, which was really my own fault ... I should have separated them even as nymphs.

Well, that does it. I'm changing my computer background.
...The Idolomantis diabolica was getting a bit old anyway.
LOL! :D

Absolutely love this species.... They're always moving, but they're so tiny that sometimes it's difficult to see what they're doing. But thanks to this incredible video, now I know. Keep these pictures and videos coming! If I had the money, I'd totally send you mantises each time I got a new species just so you could take pictures and video. Amazing work....
I wouldn't object to that! :D

This is such a spectacular species but you're totally right, I can only really experience them with macro.

In comparison to the 1 cm L3 wahlbergii, here's one of my L5 Idolomantis diabolicas. :)

Idolomantis diabolica, L5

McGuiverstein

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She's gigantic!! I believe mine is L3 moment. I hope you don't mind me bringing down the otherwise sterling quality of this thread a little with a picture of my own little guy haha. Pretty sure it's female. Fingers crossed!

image.jpg

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She's gigantic!! I believe mine is L3 moment. I hope you don't mind me bringing down the otherwise sterling quality of this thread a little with a picture of my own little guy haha. Pretty sure it's female. Fingers crossed!

View attachment 129366
Of course I don't mind! :) Idolos do grow extremely quickly, seems like I just got the little nymphs.

I'm not sure of the sex of my two, I sent some pics to Rebecca ... she wasn't sure but thought that at least one was male. She needs good ventral shots of the abdomens to be sure, but I haven't gotten around to sending those to her. She only kept five for herself, only one was male and it died in a bad molt. If mine are both male (as far as I can tell they look identical) I'll ask her if she wants to trade one of my males for one of her females. I'd love to have a go at breeding these, and more importantly she certainly needs to breed the next generation of these in order to have more to offer on her site.

I believe mine will be mature at the next molt, can't wait to see those wonderful colors which adults have! :D